SteppingBorders Project Pt. 1: Canada

SBP 1: Canada #007
Flight from Mount Pleasant (CCE2) to Clearwater (CDJ4).

1. Arrival at dawn on the coast of New Brunswick. To our right is the Dune de Buctouche which separates the Baie de Bouctouche from the Northumberland Strait.

2. Above Bouctouche River near Saint-Paul. The Estuary can be seen in the far distance where it joins the Baie de Bouctouche.

3. Snowshoe Lake (left), Lower Lake (closer; to the right) and Lake Stream Lake (further away) in Brunswick Parish.

4. Lower Lake and Lake Stream Lake up close. You can see the Lake Stream (just above our right wingtip) connecting both of them.

5. Turning northwest above Salmon River where it joins Salmon Bay, the northern part of Grand Lake (New Brunswick).

6. Boiestown (right) on the Southwest Miramichi River. The smaller river to our left is Taxis River.

Notes:

• I really took a liking to angling my flight plans: It pairs the element of surprise from the single-line flight plans with the ability to cover more ground.
  • I decided to cross over from PEI near Boustouche instead of Miramichi. We’ve seen so much coastal areas during the last days, I thought we could use a change of scenery.
  • Clearwater Airfield is a pain to land on! In the hills, woods all around and brutal drafts from all around you. Still it was fun.