Stop The Monthly Update Madness

I disagree entirely. They have locked themselves into an update schedule they cannot meet. If they slow down and take the time to check and test everything they will succeed.

It is not the nature of all software, only rushed software.

I don’t understand why people defend flawed software updates as if it is inevitable. Anyone in the aviation industry who has to introduce a new process has to test it and ensure it is reliable. Software updates are no different.

As a long time flight sim user I can tell you that most updates in the past from Microsoft, Lockheed Martin and X Plane were introduced without major issues for most users, only when they were ready. They may have had minor bugs, but these were usually corrected fairly quickly.
When I bought this sim I wasn’t warned that every month I would be unable to use it until I had installed a large mandatory update. I deliberately bought the disc version in the belief that you could use it even if the Internet failed. At the moment I can’t use it at all because I can’t download the update.
I think Asobo have done a magnificent job of producing an amazing realistic flightsim world, but by introducing these flawed updates I can’t fly in it.

11 Likes