Stuck on „Checking for Updates“ when more than 446 packages (parts of add-ons) installed (XBox)

Hi all. I have the same problem on the PC version. I currently have 1134 add-ons - of which just over 1100 are from the Store… and I can no longer see any purchased content in the Content Manager.

At the moment there are two issues:

1. Can only see a running circle in Content Manager when seeking to see what has been purchased/installed or requires update. There is a ‘darkened’ set of stats in the background that indicates have totals of purchases content at 0 on the top left - which of course my purchases in the store and bank account would argue is very much incorrect. I can still purchase new items - but just cannot see them in Content Manager.

2. Cannot exit the Sim cleanly any more - when quitting to desktop and selecting Yes to exit Flight Simulator… it just stays locked on the same screen with the Yes/No prompt and the music continues to play in an endless loop. I’ve checked also - no disk activity, very small network activity and 6.2-6.8% CPU activity. Only way to exit to desktop is to go to Task Manager and stop the “Microsoft Flight Simulator” process

A fix would really be appreciated as (a) can’t really update anything any more, (b) can’t install any new purchases, and (c) can’t cleanly exit the simulator

Could anyone confirm if AAU2 released today, June 22, 2023, if this has fixed this issue?

This has been fixed for me since switching to the AAU2 Beta. Now that AAU2 is officially released, I can confirm that this problem is solved for me on my Xbox Series X with all my add-ons installed. I have no issues anymore starting the sim or accessing the content manager.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Fixed in AAU2.