Stuck on syncing data yet again

I regularly get the stuck on syncing data.
I cancel the program delete scenery indexes , reboot and usually it’s then ok.

So my real question is why does it keep happening , is it regularly happening for others ? Is there something I can do to stop it happening?

Any comments welcome

I am also stuck on “syncing Data” as well. I have also deleted the rolling cache still no joy. as well as restating my PC multiple times. I am out of ideas. I think i’ll just wait and try again later instead of reinstalling the whole sim.

Networking issue impacting connectivity to Azure - Microsoft Flight Simulator / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Delete the “scenery indexes” folder and reboot and it should be ok

Found this solution on another thread that worked for me.

FIX:

1) Sign out of MS store
2) sign out of Xbox app
3) restart PC, (IMPORTRANT, do not skip)
4) sign back into MS store
5) sign back into Xbox app
6) start MSFS.

3 Likes

Thank you - just had this issue randomly appear this morning and this has worked for me.

I’ve previously had a game licensing issue to which the same steps provided the solution.

Would be good if a simple error message communicating this information could be added to the sim, rather than it just endlessly sitting there stuck on ‘Syncing data…’

Thanks! This worked for me. Updating Game Bar App, signing out. Restart computer and start MSFS. Should ask you to log in and then sync and launch game.

Thanks, the process worked as described.

yeah I am still getting this syncing data issue as well.I have followed all applicable steps mentioned in this forum to fix the issue but I still get the syncing data issue.I have had this problem before and been able to resolve.But this time no.Seems to me msfs just take there money and run.I had potential with this sim but now I can not access it and spent much $ .Normally on a weekend when I am not working I can maybe get in 6 hours on the sim but now I feel robbed.Totally ■■■■■■ off.