Stuck parking brakes using Bonanza G36 Improvement Project

Enjoy! Ping me a DM if you need to

Thanks for the help, Cap! You’ve been great help on this project, it’s truly a great piece of work! Incidentally, just re-downloaded the file, virtually identical to the one I got two days ago.

1 Like

Thank you that’s really kind. It really is/was a collaborative effort; I’ve just kept it going as the original gang dropped away.

Loving developing in the sim though - if only I could pick up 3d modelling faster - then I’d get more progress on the Piper PA-46-500TP and it built quicker!

1 Like

A hundred years ago, when I was in the computer world (they were hand crank models) I used AutoCad for drawings and 3D rendering. Used it, never understood how it did that and didn’t pursue enlightenment. It’s a steep hill, I’m sure…

1 Like

Emptied the Community Folder, copied the fresh zip file into it and extracted.
Got Windows complaint about path too long, so I extracted to a different folder and then copied the extracted files to an empty folder (in the empty Community Folder) that I named bonanza-g36–improvement-project.
The files within your folder are the same as mine, the only difference I can see is that your path to the files is only three deep, whereas mine is 10 deep from the C: directory.Restarted MSFS, but when looking at the available in Aircraft Selection, still no 2nd G26 as in your image.
Officially making me crazy (crazier) now.

Did you get this sorted out? I’m wondering if you’ve accidentally made too many folders. The zip file will already have everything in a folder, so if you ended up putting all that into a folder you created, you would end up with \Community\folderYouMade\folderFromZip\allTheFiles and then the sim won’t read it as it will NOT look further than the first folder.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest! The File structure and layers were correct. I did a Windows update and that may have been part of the problem, the Sim was able to find the folder and start the mod. But then, the modded G36 displayed as a grey box in the Aircraft Selection area and when I tried to use it, I ended up sitting in a totally invisible aircraft on the runway.
I figured something in the downloaded folder was amiss, so I went through each folder and file in my folder and did size comparison to a freshly downloaded copy. I found a big discrepancy in the Sim Objects folder and replaced the corrupted folder with the new one and, viola!
All good now, just needed to trace the problem. Thanks again,
Tim

Getting this on SU9.