Stutters and freezes after World Update 7 with third-parties mesh (DEM)

FSDreamTeams Switzerland mesh on XBox has caused issues with massive stuttering since the very first release in XBox, although it has worked on PC. So indeed, there may be something about the resource usage, since the PC is now acting the way XBox has with the mesh for months.

1 Like

Had no idea that was the case. We’re all in it together now it seems :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s good news for Xbox users. There were many Xbox users that reported the problem to FSDreamTeam, and their response to the XBox community was “We tested it and it is performing fine. There must be something wrong with your setup”. Xbox users didn’t know at the time that “testing” meant running it on PC through the emulator, which we have learned acts very different than a real XBox. So now that it is broken on PC, maybe XBox users will finally get an update after 6 months that makes this mesh work, because it’s been broken on XBox since day 1 6 months ago

1 Like

Taburet canary hawaii italy meshes work perfectly well

Do you still need swiss mesh after ms updated default mesh ?

well, regarding the Quality, not really. but what the DEMs do much better is getting rid of “morphing”.

Default mesh still causes mountains changing shapes when you come closer to them. With Troglodytus’ DEM this was widely solved.

So going to default is a step back, yes.

2 Likes

Similar experience over Vancouver Island free mesh. Small stutters with the sound cutting out.

small stutters are also happening with only default mesh

Tested today Italy Dem 10m new version: still stutters and sound freezes.
Taburet released the new version 1.6 of Italy DEM 10m but the issue has not been completely fixed. There are still minor stutters.

2 Likes

Wich area of Italy you tested, Wich airplane? Terrain LOD?
In my case the issue persists in the Alps

Tested and work well
Maybe reduce render scaling
I set graphic ultra and change render scaling to good results
You must delete any other heghtmsps mesh in your sim

set the terrain levels of details to 200
do not loose details and run very smoothly

Same problem related to Italy Dem … after WU7 i have a lot of stutters using it.
Disabling it, all works fine. The problem is in the mesh after WU7

PS : how can I find Italy Dem 10m new version?

Regards
Stefano

XBOX user here.

This issue seems to be more widespread than just MESHes. When I fly out the North side of my local Airport KFRG(Republic). I get a crazy amount of stutters and freeze ups without failure. It is during takeoff or landings from the North when KHPN(Westchester) 3rd party airport is installed. That Airport is 24NM away. I also notice stutters in Manhattan which is in the same area. When I uninstall KHPN, the issue goes away completely, I’ve recently been reinstalling the SIM from scratch and slowly introducing 3rd party add-ons to test performance…

I have tested this multiple times on two different fresh installs and get the same result. I can only assume the more 3rd Parties a person installs the worse the issue gets. I tried this with another smaller airport KBID(Block Island) 97NM away and I do not see an issue at my local airport.

EDIT: I think this issue existed before WU7 but its possible WU7 made it worse.

you put it down better than i could
it is the same for pc version
after wu7 the sim lost the ability to run with addons correctly; and this is also valid with only default mesh and NO addons installed; still stuttering at times.

you can find the new italy dem; where you originally bought the mesh.

Seems it effects NZ mesh. look at this screen! gah! never used to look like this!

Ah ok … I supposed you were talking about freeware mesh

what are you referring to? this is a rather flat landscape, where are we supposed to see differences?

Remember: a DEM is elevation data, not ground textures

1 Like

No you are right. it must have been server side last night because when i rechecked today the sharpness had come back. Must have been a bing issue.

1 Like

One more minor observation - it seems that after installing the latest NVIDIA 511.79 driver, there is still a significant visual stutter when flying over terrain affected by the terrain height addon, but there is no audio interruption, which is much less distracting. At least a small improvement :slight_smile: