SU 10 Release Date?

Here in Spain the Friday 13th superstition is moved to Tuesday 13th, so maybe we Spaniards will be getting the whole catalogue of new CTDs :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Who knows. :joy:

They are juggling the sim update release with a release of an nvidia driver, at the same time. If it were me, I would wait for nvidia to release their driver first, give it 24 - 48h to stew, and if no problems introduced with that driver in Windows as it isā€¦ lol who am I kidding, there will probably be some issues with such a smorgsboard of 1ā€™s and 0ā€™s being changed across the board. Hold on to your yokes!!

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™m happy with the current Beta and would endorse it for SU10ā€¦of course thatā€™s just my rig and my use case. However, lacking drama in my life, I look forward to the inevitable ā€œSU10 has ruined my lifeā€ posts!

This is from flightsimulator.blog website

1 Like

Sim update 10 is departed and landing at 17:00 hr local time in the Netherlands. :wink:

FAKE NEWS !!!

3 Likes

On the same page it is written as postponed right now though.

So, some random, un-associated ā€œdot orgā€ 3rd party website is your source? :laughing: Iā€™ll just wait for official confirmation from Microsoft & Asobo.

7 Likes

Hi guys,

I hear a lot of you referring to Nvidia.
How about AMD? FSR 2.0?

Cheers Mark

Yeah i just read it

Heres a thought. I run latest NVidia drivers and will happily update to latest ones when they release but having read many threads on here there are usually a fair number of users who run older drivers because they find them more stable for their cards. Is it mandatory for them all to upgtade to latest nvidia driver because of SU10? Will be interesting to hear their thoughts on doing so if it is mandatory.

Looking forward to SU10. I need that hotkey to hide the taxi ribbon, please tell me itā€™s there.

1 Like

Some people running Nvidia 3080 cards experienced memory issues that grew fractal trees on screen. I never saw that problem.

Beta 1 of SU10 was superb for me. I may possibly update MSFS and leave the video driver unchanged then test before updating the driver.

ā€˜If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix itā€™ has to be applied sparingly but should never be forgotten.

6 Likes

So contrary to popular belief we donā€™t absolutely really need the new nvidia driver in place in order to run SU10 or gate its release. Itā€™s just a recommended to have to fix some glitches.

1 Like

We donā€™t know whether a new driver is needed. Asobo probably do know.
Just because I had no problems doesnā€™t mean that there wasnā€™t an issue.

1 Like

These new drivers are specifically for DX12 memory management issues. If you want to use DX12, then youā€™ll have to use the new nVidia driver. If you stay with DX11, then I suspect what we have now in the sim is what weā€™ll be seeing in the final SU10 release.

Yes, itā€™s there. Itā€™s not bound by default (mine wasnā€™t). I just had to go in and add a command for it. Same for toggling nameplates. Thereā€™s now a command to toggle those.

Both of these were long overdue IMHO.

Outside of the Elden Ring trees and other texture glitches, that first beta was incredible as far as Iā€™m concerned. Performance was outstanding for me. Not necessarily how high the fps was, but how much higher the LOWS were. It made it a much more fluid, enjoyable experience.

7 Likes

Interesting thanks. That makes perfect sense re DX11/DX12. Looking forward to it when it arrives.

1 Like

Me too. And I hope it works as well (performance-wise) as the initial SU10 Beta build worked. DX12 was incredible. Not in terms of how high fps was. It was actually a few fps behind DX11, which was fine, but was great was how much higher the low fps was. Instead of dipping into low 20s and stuttering in busy areas (like KLAX for example), lows were in the mid-30s for me, and the experience was smooth and fluid everywhere. I just hope they can bring that back.

2 Likes

I run my system locked at 4K 30FPS/60Hz, but that hasnā€™t stopped fps dipping to 20ā€™s in some areas with SU9. Iā€™ve not tried the beta so fingers crossed, I think everyone needs a few more FPS.
Got a slight boost this week just from using add on linker to cut down on my add ons in community, so thereā€™s a lesson there too. Wish they had a simple toggle for enable/disable inside of the sim for marketplace add ons rather than install/uninstall as not all of us have lightning fast broadband. Anyhow I digress.

1 Like

Itā€™s those lows that are the killer. Once you drop below 30, you start seeing the stuttering. Particularly when it gets to low 20s. To me, that becomes unplayable. Not necessarily physically, but to me, it becomes unenjoyable at that point and Iā€™d rather just do something else. To be able to maintain lows that are in the 30s for me is incredible. And I HOPE we can get that back with SU10 with DX12.

Iā€™ll be terribly disappointed if they blow it with DX12 when they showed us what they COULD do with the first SU10 beta. Even DX11 performance was greatly improved with that build, and it regressed in subsequent builds. The current DX11 (at least for me) is slightly worse than SU9, which is ok, but not great compared to how amazing the initial beta build was.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that it worked well for you but me for me it was a 6-7 FPS drop from SU9. I was completely happy with the performance of the SU9. Then came this .20 beta build, and I got my performance back that I had in SU9.
I really hope that when itā€™s officially released, we donā€™t see too many inconsistencies among the players. I wonder if the new driver can do much in terms of performance or stability for DX12. Iā€™m only talking about DX11.