SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

Yes you are correct in the WT G1000 no POI are loaded so for the moment I am using the default G1000, pitty though…

As mentioned it depends on the airplane. I’m using the WT Garmin G1000 NXI.

The waypoints are loaded if you are using a Cessna 172. I seem to recall the WT developers mentioning somesuch.

It’s certainly not a deal breaker as long as they are loaded in the VFR map. And there’s work arounds for that as well - it’s the gps.engine section that’s not being saved to the .flt file. It’s just before the DateTimeSeason section. Just copy and paste from one of the other save folders and reload the leg.

I mentioned in another thread that you can even fix the problem if you crash and you can’t restart the leg. Just edit the .flt file and locate the sim.vars section. It has an altitude item - just change to 1000 ft above the current value - and change SimOnGround to False.

I believe you can also accomplish this in Dev mode but I haven’t tried it.

Won’t work for Xbox users like me. :frowning:

About the NXi and Bushtrips:

Was really simple :nerd_face:
Took me a cup of coffee and a cigarette to think about how I would do it.
Then a quick search in the NXi files.
Uncommented 3 lines in 2 files
And SUCESS :joy:

1 Like

May you share your experience with us?

Edit:
Mod now online at flightsim.to:
WT-NXi-Bushtrips-Enabled » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Simply drop the folder in your community folder.

3 Likes

Thank you. I always wanted to use the NXi with Bush trips but I couldn’t as the POI were not displayed in the FD panel. Now with your mod are displayed. The only minot thing is that instead of showing as POI are shown as USR, no big deal. Thanks again. I wonder why WT don’t make this mod.

Also figured it out although it took a bit of time looking for the
Garmin files. Sometimes it helps being a developer.

Thanks for the idea!

Edit: had it half right - the Asobo auto sync file)

Downloaded the mod … works fine. Thanks!

1 Like

What I found though is that after you complete a leg and you press continue , and then press back to main menu, when you come back to start agin the POI does not match at all. I wonder is its the MSFS or the WT G1000NXi. For the Bush trip to work you have to continue non stop without going to the Main Menu. With the default G1000 it works

You mean the flightplan is loaded, but the next poi is not chosen?
Then simply activate the correct leg via FPL.

When you load the next leg to fly ,the plane is coreectly placed but in the FD display on the G1000 NXi insted of showing ,say LGAV to POI 24 it shows POI 6 to POI 7 no matter what leg you are.

Think this is an error in FS-2020.
Have this with the GNT750 as well.
As I said, simply activate the correct leg and you’re good to go

Yes I do activate the correct leg . but it does not happen though with the default G1000 , only with the NXi.

Is there a definitive list of all outstanding Bush Trip bugs that we know Asobo are looking into before the forthcoming bug fix release? There’s a lot of discussion on this thread alone and it’s hard to know what’s been reported and/or acknowledged.

For me it’s:

• Airplane restarts at ground level after crashing
  • Navlog entries cleared after crashing and restarting a Bush Trip midway
  • Bush Trip not marked as completed after final leg (continuing will take you to the start of the final leg)
  • White lines not visible on VFR on the newer Bush Trips

I think the single biggest issue has already been fixed … namely the leg completion trigger not firing when landing at the destination airstrip.

Almost, if not all these issues seem to be caused by the main .flt file being saved with incorrect or missing data on a crash or CTD . As such it seems like a pretty easy thing to fix. As mentioned upthread the Garmin NXI deliberately excludes loading the flight plan. The mod more or less fixes this. And that means you don’t even need the white lines on the VFR map.

So … airplane starts at ground level on a crash - either change the elevation in the main flt file or use Dev mode/slew mode and F4 to elevate the plane.

Navmode gets out of sync after a crash … no work around I’m aware of

VFR lines missing … if you hit continue and then exit to main menu they should still be there. However, after a Crash they can go missing. Copy and paste the gps.engine section from a saved flt file will restore them (obviously can’t do that on Xbox)

As for the Bush trip completion trigger - I think going directly to the main menu (not Continue) will trigger it.

Yes as you said that the mod on the NXi more or less fixes some issues. I suppoose one of this is that in the FD panel the correct number of the POI are not shown after you complete a leg and you want to nintinue. The numbers are shown correctly on the VFR map (say from POI 21 to POI 22) but in the FD panel shows POI 6 to POI 7. Lets hope that with the next SU update the NXi will work OK. I must say here that with the defaule G1000 you do not have this problem.

As already said - the default game design does not intend, that the GPS route is shown in G1000. WT did it correct, there is a issue in the default G1000 and maybe they will remove it also in the default G1000.

Lets hope that WT will implement our request to choose if you want to see the route or not while a BT.

Again - there is no fault in WT G1000 - the fault is in default G1000 and we (me included) want that we can have the FPL loaded in G1000 while a BT (which is not intended by the game design for BT)

Yes I agree that we should have an option. but what I want to know is why the correct POI are shoen in the FD panel while using the default G1000 and not in the NXi one?

@YearlyWolf61864 thanks for the summary. I’ll take a look at the points you mentioned.

By mod I presume you mean the update for the G1000 from Content Manager, not third party content?

The white line on the VFRs still appears on the original bush trips, it’s only the newer ones that don’t have it at all, from the beginning (regardless of whether a leg is restarted after a crash) so I think we’re talking about different issues.

I think @YearlyWolf61864 means this mod:
WT-NXi-Bushtrips-Enabled » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes