SU8 Mouse problems

Hmmmm…I tried swopping USB port and didn’t have any controllers connected and no change. I will carry on trying permutations and combinations though because at the moment the sim isn’t really useable for me. And it’s been SO good up until now!

1 Like

I have the mouse lag too. This is on windows 10 PC all drivers completely updated. Using TCA and also Thrustmaster Hotas Warthg

1 Like

Same here. Changeing USB ports doesn’t help. :roll_eyes:

I’ve had this problem after previous updates and have managed to fix it by increasing the dead zone of my rudder pedals as it turns out msfs couldn’t cope with a slight input from a controller as well as move the mouse in VR at the same time! Your mileage may vary.

In my case the issue I have is after su8 yesterday, clicking on any switches is hit and miss. I sometimes have to right click zoom a few dozen times to be able to click. Same on a32nx and justflight pa 28.

At present it makes flying very challenging and no way could I fly on vatsim until that’s resolved. Ie ATC Xyz turn heading 180. Me can you give me 20 mins please as I need to click about 200 times to make that work!!!

1 Like

I’ve also had this issue, it was reported during the beta but other than the TCA engine selector button causing severe lag, it seems to be inconsistent.

Not really sure what is causing it, I’m also having some trouble with clicking certain buttons in the cockpit but not all of the time.

1 Like

This triggered a thought and may have led to a solution to my mouse problem.

The link is that my other problem since SU8 was related to the rudder response. It seemed to be much less effective than previously.
What I did was take an external view of the Cessna on the pad and touched my HOTAS rudder pedal - the rudder immediately started to judder very fast and at a very small deflection and would not travel to anywhere near its normal travel. It looked to me like there were possibly two control bindings operating - one trying to deflect it and one trying to centre it at the same time.

I checked my rudder bindings and couldn’t find anything wrong and nor could I find any duplicate HOTAS bindings. However, I reverted to ‘Default’ bindings and hey presto - the rudder started to act normally.

I then had the thought that the times when the mouse was causing grief previously was probably also when I was using rudder…I’m a lazy flyer and tend to take my feet off the pedals during AP cruise.

So I did some repeat flights with both Cessna’s - and the mouse is now behaving perfectly. For completeness, I will go back to my custom rudder binding tomorrow and see if I can replicate both the problem and the solution.

So - I am not saying that the rudder is the problem in all cases. But I am suggesting that it may be similar clashes of other control manipulations that is affecting the VR mouse response.

If I can replicate both the problem and the solution in my case, I’ll let you know

Same problem here

2 Likes

Having the same problems with the mouse in VR. It won’t let me click switches in the cockpit half the time, then sometimes the mouse goes berserk, like it’s getting 1 FPS, major lag. Then when I try to plug it in, it freezes and I get a CTD. Insane. What’s going on with these Sim Updates? Madness that they would never test the update in VR. Baffling.

Have a peep at my updated post a couple of posts higher, @EvoTriox88 .

I have spotted on the AVSIM forum a number of SU8 issues relating to the HOTAS control bindings and myself had an issue with my Trustmaster rudder. I realised that there was a clash of bindings somewhere that was causing the rudder to judder at high speed (other users have had similar stuff happening with other control surfaces). I switched my rudder bar to ‘Default’ and triple checked there weren’t any other bindings relating to rudder (such as joystick twist) and that made the rudder work…which made the VR mouse work.

Have a peep at your aircraft external view and see if any of the surfaces are juddering. Also, sit on the ground with engine running and move the mouse in the cockpit while moving/switching each of your controls one by one. If one of those makes the mouse stutter, then investigate the control bindings of that particular switch/axis.

And, if you do bottom it - do please let us all know!

It’s probably not relevant, as it wasn’t in VR, but just in case… I had mouse problems after upgrading to Windows 11 and found I had 2 instances of a HID Compliant Mouse in Device Manager. I removed one and it went away.

Mouse cursor slipping to the bottom of the screen and unresponsive - Self-Service / Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Well, sorting out the (new!?) binding clashes on the HOTAS controls has, I think, sorted the VR mouse issues for me. I have now done a number of flights in a number of aircraft - Asobo and 3rd Party - flying from and to stock Asobo airports and 3rd Party-enhanced airports. In all cases the VR mouse is now fully behaving itself both in the air and on the ground and is now better for me (see below) than it was in SU7

I am pretty certain that some of those bindings had changed with SU8, which is odd, but certainly all flights now are back to the VR mouse being stutter-free.

That has meant that I could at last investigate two of the improvements that SU8 was supposed to have introduced:

• the HOTAS controls becoming non-operable when the VR mouse arrow was on a dialogue or menu box. Yes - that issue does indeed appear to be fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

• the VR Controllers becoming usable. Yes - even the infamous Reverb controllers. Now very usable :slightly_smiling_face:

So - has anyone else who has had the same issues with the VR mouse had chance to track down some similar control binding clashes? And has it fixed the issue? If so, then I will update both this and the AVSIM threads to flag this as a possible/probable solution. If not, I’ll leave them to run as an ongoing issue.

I experienced throttle bugs/issues after SU8 with my HOTAS One using my previous custom profile. Every aircraft I tried after SU8 had a throttle that behaved differently. Some needed reverse some non reverse axis and the CJ4 even had left throttle being increased while simultaneously causing right throttle to be decreased! Absolutely no reason for this as settings in my previous profile hadn’t changed. Only SU8 installed.

Solution:
Like you, I reverted to ‘default’ profile for the HOTAS One and hey presto they all worked again. This despite all throttle settings appearing to be identical in both the default profile and my old custom profile.

I’d really recommend anyone with input device issues post SU8 to go back to default profile for that device first then add back in any customisations.
The good thing for me is that my custom sensitivity settings for the HOTAS didn’t revert to ‘default’ by doing this.

All aircraft now behaving the same now from a throttle perspective.

2 Likes

That is GREAT feedback, @BragRaindrop933

Many thanks - and all…please note!

1 Like

I’m not having any issues with my thrustmaster joystick or bravo throttle quadrant. Only the mouse. And I tried switching to the default mouse profile. No luck.

I am using VR in SU8 and am experiencing no issues with mouse. From this I can deduce that SU8 is unlikely to be the direct cause of the new mouse issues people are getting. I have had plenty of mouse issues in the past and I know how frustrating it can be. Hope you all find your solutions.

1 Like

Same problem here in A32NX with Thrustmaster TCA. Then i figured out that the start mode switch is responsible for the problem. In “Mode Norm” mouse works normal, in “IGN/START” the mouse has 1 frame/sec.

2 Likes

ive had this on and off since release, its sometimes present and sometimes not, so I’d be wary of those saying to reinstall, as you cant guarentee it wasnt just a time that the issue didnt occur. In su7 it wasnt as prominent at least for me but def still occured. Ive not done enough in SU8 to find out if the issue is better or worse.

Regarding the Lagging see here for potential fix/workaround:

1 Like

I think this is fast being a regular reason and solution! Thanks for posting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had exactly the same issues. As usual, Asobo fix a couple of things and break half a dozen. It seems that regardless of the complaints about Asobo’s dreadful quality control, NOTHING changes.

MSFS is a fantastic simulator but every update is greeeted with absolute dread!