Summary of missing items in MSFS, important to realistically simulate flight

It appears they based it on US practice. A few years ago, US ATC finally adopted the ICAO standard phrasing of “line up and wait” instead of “taxi into position and hold”. I have not used the built in ATC in MSFS, hopefully they are not still using the obsolete phrase.

They are using old phrases, nothing has changed since FSX… Including “ready for take-off” which is really toe-curling.

This game is made to sell on XBOX. Make no mistake, a niche market simulator is not nearly as appealing as something that looks pretty that can be throw up on the XBOX store that will let you “find your house”.

It’s the community that will have to make this more simulation focused/accurate.

I would vote for all the OPs recommendations if I could and I suggest many more would too, more than you might think. I fully agree the flight model should be as accurate and as near to real life as possible, it’s at least as important as the eye candy stuff if not more so.

The worst thing they kept from FSX is the bully in the tower.

“turn next taxiway” … “exit runway when able” … “turn next taxiway”

It sucks, especially when you land short in a GA plane and have some time before you get to the next turn-off.

Yes, I am trying. Stop pestering me! For gods sake.

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

sorry i do not agree. Asobo has promised a new Gen sim, we pay Money for the sim -> Asobo has to deliver. it is not our fault that the sim and its aircrafts have so many issues. the community does a lot and this is great but responsibilitry of the comunity ? no.

2 Likes

Ok I did update my thread and made single threads for every individual item now. Please vote these items up! Thanks!

2 Likes

The whole “find your house” soundbite has been proven to be both true and false in equal measure depending on where you live.

2 Likes

Agree!

The basics must be implimented well in the core sim and implimented consistently.

How long will the community build and rebuild nice roofs when the walls keep falling down?

2 Likes

Updated in accordance with recent updates and yesterdays developer Q&A session.

1 Like

I say, not even the Asobo programmers know how the flight model actually works. Proof: the quality of Asobo flight models. We all have to learn how the cfg files parameters and the 3D model (1000 surfaces) interact in MSFS 2020 in detail.
The “legacy” flight model is a castrated “modern” flight model. Proof: Convert a FSX airplane. Tune it to good flight model under MSFS 2020 “legacy”. Copy the found values back to the FSX airplane and look what you get.
On the bright side: The combination of cfg parameters and 3D model gives us stall, spin, inverted flight, edge knife flight and hopefully more flight envelope “corner cases”. I like this.
I think we as community shall share our findings. Maybe even some payware 3rd party developer leak some of their discovered insights (yes, I am a dreamer).

We need URGENT Solutions for all of the above, Solutions that will not take months to solve. After 5 years of hard developing time of Asobo team.

Agree.

For a company that has been involved in flight simulation development for over 30 years, no excuse.

2 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/realistic-propeller-effects-flight-model/309842/45?u=nijntje91

To be sincere, I do not understand how and why ATC phraseology is still not correct! It is not even hard do be fixed… if a developer search on youtube, they will find tons of videos that records comunication between aircraft and tower…they just need to copy!
Second point, I am tired of listening 3 voices on ATC. Sometimes I “talk to myself”. It is also not hard to add more voices…and it will not cost space is SSD (remember mp3? Entire CD in just a few Mb. Some different voices will be much less).

Last Q&A they said it will be corrected in the next sim update. Lets wait and see, can always modify it if it isn’t correct as I did with this mod:

1 Like

This is a really great overview. I hope ASOBO takes it 1:1 into their mystical “backlog”. :smiley:
Especially the part about the missing mass nails it.

Didn’t add this one yet:

3 Likes

I like the overview, thanks for making it!

2 Likes

Great overview! Thank you for your effort Nijintje91, hopefully it will get full attention from the devs.

I’m aswell on the edge between the two sims, one I keep getting back because of flight model and physics and MS2020 for its visuals.

1 Like