Since SU11, terrain tears popping in and out

The only fix I have found is to play offline

I’ll add my own experience to this. Ever since SU11 for me - at nearly all airports within enhanced photogrammetry areas - I’ve experienced what you are all describing and have screenshotted above. It feels like an issue with the way vector/mesh/elevation is handled when autopopulating the given terrain. I’ve even had it with 3rd party airports overlaid on that same mesh so it cannot just be about the scenery itself. I believe that bandwidth could be a factor regardless but I have a good connection and all was ok prior to SU11, so am not thinking it’s a problem at my end. Asobo - pls fix this!

Hello, I moved this to a new bug report - would you mind providing information on your PC setup and graphics settings?

Thanks Jummivana. Of course:

i9-9900K OC @ 4.8Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX Titan X @ 1920x1080
Win 11
All Nvidia settings reverted to Default.
All MSFS graphics settings reverted to Default.
Have tried with and without rolling cache @ 16Gb.
Have tried with and without manual cache for the airports concerned which are, so far, default KPHL, default KEWR, Feelthere KJFK enhanced, Drzewiecki KLGA and LVFR KMIA.
Have tried multiple different A/C.
250Gb/s broadband connection with Virgin Media UK.

1 Like

Thank you! Reporting this up.

1 Like

I also found that turning Orbx New Zealand terrain Mesh off fixed this for me. I still have issues with lines in the water which are static all over the world.

my specs ae
i9 13900k @ 5.5Ghz
32GB DDR 5 - 6000
MSI RTX 4080 16GB VENTUS 3X OC Graphics
Latest Windows 11 Pro on Samsung 990 Pro 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSD
MSFS 2020 on Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 3D Gen4 NVMe PCIe M.
STARLINK internet connection over 150 GB/s
rolling cache 32GB
Airport NZWF

Okay, thank you. In the future, please let us know of add-ons you have installed that may be causing the issue, as the test team tries to reproduce bugs like this in a vanilla state without add-ons.

ORBX took the NZ mesh from sale, as it doesnt work correctly with the NZ world update. I would suggest you uninstall it.

1 Like

Unable to reproduce.