Super noob question about propeller controls

For those interested, I intentionally abused the rules stated here with some interesting results.

I didn’t crash. I could hear the motor straining on high settings. I received some warnings. Never lost the engine**. AFAICT, the only time I was ever effected by stress was when, I assume, I stressed the airframe, which is fairly easy in a small GA. I would describe this state as “ballistic, no control” If I was on the edge of stalling, I’d fall like a rock. Otherwise, I’d have a little time to contemplate my virtual death. :slight_smile:

Since MSFS seems more about overall "experience ", I wonder if there’s a list of what is simulated and how. Are specific variables such as those above and/or specifically mentioned in manuals, modeled for the individual planes? (I need to read the SDK again)

** On my first long flight I lost the engine because - I ran out of gas before understanding how to flip the gas tanks. I figured it out just in time to hit the ground.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.