Carenado Mooney M20R Ovation

I have my first payware aircraft in the hangar and its the Mooney M20R Ovation and its a sweetheart, I checked all the systems and autopilot on a flight from CYBD-CA14 and everything works like a charm including aircraft performance and feel, i have many Carenado aircraft for XP11 and thoroughly happy with all their products better yet as far as I’m concerned no glass cockpit only steam gauges which is good for us older real world pilots

15 Likes

Hello, I hear about the last Carenado Ovation MR20 but I can’t find Where I can buy it. Could you please help me ? Thanks a lot for your help, best regards, Benoît

I don’t think it’s listed on their website yet, but it’s in the Flight Sim marketplace in-game.

1 Like

I’m going to fly a long vfr flight using map only for guidance. Flying with autopilot (only fd, hdg and alt hold turned on). Wind zero. Aircraft continuously rocks back and forth. Just try changing heading bug with that going on. Pretty near impossible.

Made sure gps mode was turned off.

I’m probably doing something wrong and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!!

Think it is a bug in the AP lots of other post on the same error.

I don’t have this problem with the autopilot, ALT, HDG very steady.

Just made a long fight with mostly no AP functions… No rocking. Had just alt hold on for a while. No rocking.

When I landed and looked at external camera view, it was rocking just sitting there on the runway.

Wondering if they overplayed their hand trying to get some “realistic vibration” into the modelling??

Thanks for the comments!

50 hours in the M20R and now after the last update, rocking while on heading AP. Something definitely happened to the AP. Unbearable rocking back and forth.

3 Likes

I bought the M20R after the last update and had some flights with wing rocking during AP flight and some flights were stable. Maybe the wind/weather conditions have an impact on this? In other default planes I didn’t noticed this before.

1 Like

I flew again last night and confirmed with AP on (1) alt hold works fine, no issues (2) hdg causes wing rocking making it virtually useless.

Haven’t even attempted gps nav as I’m doing a cross country flight with only the vfr map, hdg and alt hold. Guess I won’t be using hdg for a while.

Wonder if this has been reported through zendesk?

2 Likes

Hi,
ALT and HDG works fine for me, no problem with autopilot, indeed sometimes the plane rocks a bit but that’s because of the wind. It all have been reported to Carenado Zendesk.

Just experimented and confirmed… Zero wing rock with AP on and HDG off. When you turn on HDG, the wings start rocking. Turn it off and they stop. Hope it’s fixed soon… Until then, no thanks… Will fly something else!

1 Like

With the new update from Carenado, they fixed the wing rocking while on AP. I think this issue is not resolved.

After the update all is working ok. Did a 2:30 hours flight and no problems with AP.

I get the same thing, its bug. Like the OBS and Heading bug jumping 5 degs at a time (sometimes). I imagine they will work it out eventually.

Its fixed. You need update manually in content mananger

You can only see it happen in external view… Door opens. Few seconds later, it closes. Repeat the above (over and over). Does not cause a crash. Very annoying and doesn’t make for good video capture!

I am not touching any key our control!!

you’re probably better off reporting this to Carenado.

“That’s a feature not a bug.” :smile:

Ok, but the poor guy didn’t have a parachute!

1 Like