Taoyuan International Airport (RCTP) Runway 5R/23L has bugs

Here’s something I found that we can use in the mean time.

1 Like

Great thanks for sharing.

What location did you drop that mod?

For the Microsoft Store edition AND/OR Gamepass edition:

The path is: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RANDOMLETTERS>\LocalCache\Packages\Community

For the Steam edition:

The path is: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community.

For the Boxed edition:

The path is: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community.

It’s where all the community mods and addons go.

OK. So all mods go to Community folder.

That is class :laughing:
Your landing went hell of a lot better than mine though. I destroyed my aircraft.

When departing the next day i did the same as speedbird144.
Took off from taxiway S4.

I find that airports in China are severly lacking of content though.
I have been to ZHHH a couple of times. Was given 04R (i think). Turned out very interesting.
ILS locks in and all that but the runway doesn’t exist.
I was caught by surprise the first time. Second time i forgot it was like that so it surprised me again.

But in general i find that many airports in China are missing half the airport. In way of runways, taxiways and buildings. Especially if it isn’t one of the bigger ones.
Fairly interesting flying around there :laughing:

Lol, I turned off the damage setting, so that’s why it feels like Ace Ventura in the cockpit saying “Like a Glove” in the end…

But it’s understandable though, China region is lacking usable data. There’s only limited satellite imagery and a lot of their information are not public knowledge. So Asobo or Blackshark AI don’t have as much data to work with. So I think it’s understandable that the airports and the relevant details around the region is severely lacking.

That is true. I have been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately i didn’t give it one ounce of thought while i wrote. Attention span isn’t getting any better with the years :laughing:

Good call turning off the damage settings. Probably should’ve done the same thing.

Unfortunately i’m stuck in and around China. I’m sticking to my own principle of:

• Start the flight from X
  • Use a random flight generator and fly to wherever it decides.
  • After completed flight use the random flight generator and fly to wherever it decides.

That’s how i decide where to fly. And i will not deviate from that unless it’s actually impossible for me to do it.
Interestingly and unfortunately enough i seem to be stuck in the China area. Been there for a few months now so i’m looking forward to when the day come where i can leave the area.
Hoping for America or back to Europe again. Time will tell.

Can’t the random flight generator be randomly assigning an out of china destination?

It has given me Japan a few times.
Been to Korea twice. Now i’m just waiting to get closer to a different continent.
But China and Japan are fairly interesting these days, with bad weather.

Hello,
I just did a fast taxiway down runway 05R at RCTP and did not encounter any problems. Could you (or someone else who has seen this error) double-check to let me know if this has been resolved?

Even if the terrain is fixed, I’d still use that mod, just for the night lighting at least…

Sounds good!
But the reason for my question is that we put bugs that have been fixed in #bugs-and-issues:resolved-bugs. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I never saw this bug beforehand. So I wanted to verify with someone who has seen it to see if it’s fixed.

This seems to be a common problem. I have problems with runways in Boston (KBOS) and San Diego (KSAN, Rwy 9).