TBM930 heading/altitiude bugs sometimes stuck at large increments

I currently fly almost exclusively the TBM930 with the Working Title mod, so I don’t know if this is happening in other planes, but it is a regular issue in the TBM.

Sometimes at the start of a session, as I use my keyboard or mapped controllers to change the altitude or heading bugs and usually, in fact almost all the time, the altitude one works in 100s of feet and the heading one works in 1 degree increments.

Then sometimes for no reason or pattern that I can see, I enter a session and the altitude bug will only change in 1000ft increments instead of 100ft (so you cannot set a target alt of 1500, but only 1000, 2000, 3000 etc) and similarly the heading bug will suddenly be locked to 10 degree increments (so you cant set and heading other than 10, 20 ,30 degrees etc).

I continue the session and take off, and shortly after the flight commences, everything is back to normal without any further action on my part - 100s for Alt and 1s for heading, and usually it then proceeds correctly for the rest of the flight.

Just very occasionally it has switched back to the larger values during a flight, but that is rare.

I cannot see anything documented about this being a function. I see nothing in the controller mapping options to change these increments. No amount of fiddling with AP buttons on screen with mouse or my controller buttons ever resolves the issue, yet shortly after the takeoff, it usually sorts itself out.

Does anyone else experience this, and is there a solution? Or is this a bug which should be reported to Zendesk?

Cheers

Do you have any hardware that has a toggle switch? If so, this is a bug that has been around since launch and is present when using controls such as the honeycomb yoke, or any panel/hardware that has toggle switches. Basically the controls go from 1 to 10, 100 to 1000 when it thinks you’re repeatedly trying to turn it.

There are extensive posts and videos going into elaborate detail about it so I’ll point you there. This is supposed to be fixed in the next sim update.

It is present in all aircraft.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=heading%20bug%20increments

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/changing-altitude-only-moves-in-1000-increments/272721/8

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I will have a good read of all this.

Good to hear that it should be fixed soon!

Cheers

1 Like

From one TBM pilot to another, flying the 930 is a enjoy. Especially, if you:

1.) Use the TBM 930 Improvement Mod
2.) Have Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo & understand the interactions during flight
3.) Good set of rudder pedals (I have the MFG Crosswind)
4.) Use Navaids (LittleNav, Navigraph, Simbrief, etc) for planning and tracking your flight progress
5.) Create a good flight plan, that achieves the goals of your flight
6.) Monitor and manage your speed and attitude, always
7.) Practice your landings, until it is a piece of cake.
8.) Ignore any comments, which state the TBM930 is unflyable
9.) Execute bullets 1 - 8, and you will land where you want to be.
10.) Give a shout out when you reach one thousand flight hours!
11.) Enjoy

1 Like

No. 8 is a pretty good advice :smiley:

If you find using the mouse wheel makes the increment too large then try putting the mouse to the left or right of the dial and left click. You will find you can increment or decrement by 1 in both directions.

I ran into something similar last week and although it may not be related, I pass this one on just in case. I found increments of around 30 degrees, which was well over the 10/100 bug that I have seen before. Now, I use two mice and discovered that it was just one of them that had this problem. Turned out to be a low battery voltage from mouse one and when changed, all was back to normal. Like I said, I doubt this will help many, but is mentioned because it is one thing I had never really thought of.

Thanks everyone. All good advice!

Did you all spot the latest TBM improvement mod which gives, among other things, opening doors?

Some of these modders are very clever.

It’s an improvement off an old mod that’s been around for months, but the original author abandoned. Mugz took it over and added the new features to it. And it’s quite good.

I’d say that most people that fly the TBM aren’t just aware of it, but wouldn’t even bother flying the TBM if it wasn’t for this mod. It can’t fix the broken turboprop logic Asobo programmed into the sim, but it mitigates as much of it as possible.

I really hope Asobo get onto the engine logic soon as this is so unrealistic at present. I actually have engine failures turned off now to avoid the poor engine logic overheating the engine and causing a failure mid flight.

I rather have it on and have to protect the engine as in real life, but until the logic is sorted out, I prefer to have it off.

I see next weeks sim update is supposed to have new Garmin work. No mention of engine logic work though. Maybe they will surprise us.

If you look at the dev road map, that’s planned for Sim Update 4 in 2 months.

How Asobo will surprise me next week is by actually not breaking the Garmins worse than they already are.

Ah good. I missed that. Not too long to wait then.

Yes, I hope so. Especially as they finally made it lock on and line up with localisers etc without overshooting. It finally does a preemptive turn onto a localiser in one smooth operation without zigzagging. Ditto for acquiring altitudes etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.