TERRIBLE LOD is destroying a potentially great sim! (DISCUSSION)

Okay, so explain why my near identical video does not have the issue you cited in someone else’s video?

Why did I not have those pop ins? I know why I didn’t, and I think you do too but perhaps don’t want to admit that for some reason. You yourself admitted that my drone footage flying towards Manhattan looked fine, and for me it looked just like it did 11 months ago, in my earlier footage. My sim isn’t magical, I just have my LOD settings set higher than yours.

I think if this thread were to be renamed “why do we get LOD pop in’s when we set the terrain LOD to what is now a medium setting” we might be closer to the truth.

From your own bug report:

We have only one thing to agree on here. 200 is no longer giving the results that it used to, and this is why I don’t have this issue because I use LOD 300. I don’t know for sure what they changed, but LOD400 in the GUI has been around for a long time now, so perhaps its something unrelated to that.

It may be tree related, as I mentioned before, but that too was a while back. Smaller trees necessitates more of them. I don’t think you ever showed your FPS readout, but I suspect you are getting CPU bound. Did you even list your computers specs? Mine are in my profile.

I’d like to see some video footage in that bug thread rather than still images. That would show the issue better than stills, and it would allow others to re-create that flight to show comparable footage.