The coastlines are now screwed up

I would be happy to be constructive and even would offer to do much more debugging, if they would be willing to compensate for my time (token gesture is fine). But, since we paid for the sim (and some of us for content), I think we have the right to ask for what was advertised for a year before release. So far, that marketing hype is at least another year away, and the many angry issues through this forum (that continue to persist despite claims to the contrary) seem to reflect the state of the sim.

I for one would have been fine waiting another year for them to polish this. I left simming 5+ years ago because I was fed up with the bugs and issues and tweaking/fixing more than flying (literally, I have less “fixing” with a real life plane). I was hoping for something different. That has yet to materialize and I am back to tweaking and twiddling at least as much as flying.

I’ve always seen water creep up mountains since Day 1. First flight went to the hoover dam and saw a “water hill” right in the middle of the lake.

I figured it was just part of the photogrammetry software having a tough time distinguishing between the land and the water.

2 Likes

I think that’s right - glitches like this don’t worry me at all

1 Like

Maybe your right. Guess i screwed that up!

Report it via Zendesk. They said that they thought they figured out what was causing that (draw distance vs altitude, and changed some things to correct it. They asked for reports if it’s still being seen in the sim. Report it so they have a specific example.

Global warming. Sea levels are on the rise :wink:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Nobody else sees these lines along the coast and also where some rivers meet? I’ve had them since the beginning.

1 Like

Never seen those in water, but have seen them in sky

Same issue here, and my understanding is that it
might be related to the elevation data update that overlooked lines where the water meets land.

FS2020 coasts now look like FS2004.

2 Likes

I wonder if that is the same issue to mountains breaking up revealing light blue sky in some of the terrain? It certainly looks strikingly similar.

I’m now more than convinced that, with each update, developers are able to find something to break

Wasn’t an issue before the USA world update

1 Like

Strap on your water skis and hit the slopes!

4 Likes

Exactly, the bug apperars just on 1.11.6 update and its still there

Those water mountains have been there from the start but I think the water creeping up the cliffs bug was introduced or intensified with the US patch, same as the tears in the scenery, esp. in mountainous areas.

2 Likes

A post on Avsim got me thinking about this again so I made a video showing what I’m seeing. I started this video along the Georgia/SC coast using slew mode to show the lines I’m seeing where waterways intersect. I’m using High-End settings in my graphics.

https://youtu.be/7Qa4xKaDMAU

Only one of those lines is a roadway. The rest shouldn’t be there. I’ve had these since MSFS launched.

Godzillaaaaaaaaahhhh!

1 Like

Frequently around the UK coast, lakes and in Norway the water/ sea level is above the shore level causing a drop off at the waters edge resulting in steep banks down to shore level. Similar problem in parts of the Grand Canyon! Raised this with MSFS

Hope the World 3 Update addresses that

1 Like