Third Party Developers, PLEASE READ

Indeed. This wasn’t an easy one to narrow down. That was why I was being so insistent that this get brought forward, because the chance of someone stumbling into it without a 100% reproducible steps was relatively low, and it was going to have high impact for Xbox.

3 Likes

It’s not just airports.

I just purchased the NY City Lights and also have the NY City Times add on. As soon as I hit “FLY” leaving from Kennedy airport I get a CTD with both of these mods installed. Take one or the other out and everything is fine.

This should not happen with paid purchases. I should be able to run both at the same time, they both add something different although there is obviously a conflict with them.

MS needs to find a solution or offer refunds when things like this occurs. I would prefer a solution.

For now, you can choose an airport a sufficient distance away from NYC and fly over and see both mods running. It’s the same thing I have to do with Chicago.

1 Like

I’ll try that and see. How far away do I need to be I wonder? I also assume I will need to land a fair distance away as well or I will get the same CTD as when trying to leave?

Chicago Executive isn’t all that far from Chicago, so not all that far I imagine.

1 Like

It worked, didn’t it? And that is the important thing to take away. Some of these addons can coexist in the sim, and in fact enhance each other. It’s just this darn bug when reading the Content Manager at flight start that is ruining things.

I tested this morning, flew from an airport in NJ both mods installed, it worked with no issues.
Tried again at JFK and CTD
I wonder what criteria the game looks at when looking for content? Makes no sense really

If you are close enough to the New York City mod, it has to see what mods would be in effect for rendering (birds, seasons, jetways, etc)

I don’t think landing will matter. The issue has to do with memory allocation. Once both mods are loaded, there should no longer be a risk of CTD

Yes, seems that way.

You’re such a champ for narrowing this down!. KORD and LEMD is just some of the payware airports I avoid because of the usual CTD. Xbox user here as well, and would like to ask if you ever experience weird morphing of the buildings into triangular shapes with the Chicago landmarks? Haven’t seen any updates since I kinda gave up on that add-on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.