Thrustmaster TCA Addon issues

When you calibrate your TCA Quadrant with the addon. You have to move the spoilers and the flaps with the throttle as well. So these are the steps.

1. Throttle to TOGA, Spoilers Up, Flaps Up => Press two red buttons.
  2. Throttle to MCT, Spoilers 1, Flaps 1 => Press two red buttons.
  3. Throttle to CLB, Spoilers 2, Flaps 2 => Press two red buttons.
  4. Throttle to IDLE, Spoilers 3, Flaps 3 => Press two red buttons.
  5. Throttle to full REVERSE, Spoilers Full, Flaps Full => Press two red buttons.

Then you can press the two black buttons in the front to complete the calibration process.

The reason why you have issues with the spoilers and flaps before is because you didn’t move them during the calibration. So the hardware is recording that your up positions are the calibrated positions, so when you move them, they jump directly to full. That’s why you need to calibrate them with the throttle together. So the hardware can read the positions of the spoilers and the flaps as you move the axis to calibrate them. This is the step that Thrustmaster failed to include in their calibration process.

You might notice I give you an extra step with the Reverse. This is important because the steps provided by Thrustmaster officially is missing that step as well, which gives you an issue with inconsistencies between the two throttles and the throttle jumping around when enganging the reverse. So it’s important to press the two red buttons at every detents.

(It’s also the 5th time I provided these steps to this exact same question and I don’t even have my Addon yet).

9 Likes