TrackIR Vs Tobii Eye TRacker

I’m using 3 Dell 32" curved. I also use Tobii (no eye tracking). Very convenient. It comes on automatically, don’t have to wear anything and no issues with lighting. The only hiccup was the adhesive to the bottom of the display. It didn’t hold for long. Replaced it with the 3M used to attach automobile parts.

1 Like

I have a 34" curved. I’m fined with it although you always want something bigger and maybe higher because it’s an ultrawide format.

I’ve used TrackIR for many years and wouldn’t fly without it. The lighting situation is certainly an issue, but one I’ve solved by simply blocking out the window in my computer room. I’d like to try Tobii but not enough to go out and buy it to replace TrackIR. I wear the clip on my headset, which I always wear anyway as I have environmental/engine sounds from speakers and ATC in the headset.
I can’t afford to change for a year or two more (and my rig is already old enough!), but when I do the harder decision for me will be whether to ditch all the Saitek gear I have and go full VR, or keep the gear and add to it with adiditonal modules and screens and build a ‘proper’ cockpit.