Update on Complex Airliners

this is the exact moment I’m referring to (at 10:45):

https://youtu.be/hYsDE-kkwaM?t=645

There is no doubt I agree they are improving things everyday, and I’m not entering a XP11 vs FS2020 debate because this is not the point.

As a 3rd party developer there are conflicting messages and communications between a “sim” and a “game” orientation (and this terminology is debatable but I believe we’re all intelligent enough in this forum to understand the “gross” distinction posters are referring to in general).

In my opinion you can’t expect other users not questioning whether some of the actual flight simulation centric aspects, which are wind effects (it would be tide/wave effects for a boat simulator by analogy) are dumbed down for the sake of making it a better simulator, or something else.

I also believe there is a difference between not understanding what this is about as a developer of a simulator (wind effects), and knowing what this is about but restricting it. The former would definitely tell they have no clue what they are doing, the latter means not only they know, but they are voluntarily limiting it. Which begs the question and illustrates one type of “conflicting messages and communications” I’m referring to.

PS: here are some other examples:

2 Likes