Update on MSFS Team competing with 3rd party Devs

Is that the same Fenix A320 that only seems to follow the development timeline of the FBW? … It’s almost uncanny.

I tend to be of a different opinion here.

Asobo outsources the aircraft development as currently with the Ju52 and the ATR.
I hope they do more such aircrafts this way.
I trust the Ju52 and ATR will be phenomenal, looking at who is making them for Asobo and seeing that even most of the base planes in the sim are far better than the majority of third party planes.
The Ju52 and the ATR are among my most anticipated planes. Downside, they will be only at the MSFS marketplace.

What are you trying to hint at?

It Asobo going to end up being the Final Weather 1st party developer ?
Who know for one day to another.

Who would have thought that a small Modding team (WTG) , would be brought on as a major 1st party developer ?

Personally, I am all for those with Experienced in a given field of Aviation, to be brought in to harness their expertise, and develop a specific aspect of the sim, leaving Asobo to be the one that concentrates on the core sim, and supporting other 1st part Devs to produce that their expertise make them the ideal ones to do .

It’s something they aren’t going to give away and who can really blame them? …

I am not understanding the “GIVE AWAY” bit ?
If weather is going to be developed by Asobo as part of the core sim, then its more resources and expense for MS.
If weather is going to be developed as a Purchasable Addon through the MS-STORE, then I can see the “Not Give it away” Logic.

So by the above logic, although I do not believe it has specifically been said, I would expect the Base Sim to end up with “Basic Weather”, with an OPTION to purchase a better "Asobo / 1st party " weather system via the MS-Marketplace.

At the end of the day, I suspect most of these decisions depend on "the Bottom Line $$$$$$$: - which is fair enough. MS is a BUSINESS, not a Charity.

You would be totally correct, but the question is, is this good? And for whom?

As I was providing in my feedback concerning stagnation, the point would be to compel PMDG to move on to other aircraft or make a 737 that is significantly much more realistic (if/when it is possible) than what they have provided already, and charged 3 and times for. I mean is there that much difference between the NGX and the NGU to compel flight simmers to buy it full price for the 3rd (FSX then P3D then now MSFS) time? PBR, really? The NGX is a marvel, yes it can be improved, and it has, lets move on. Moving on means the default MSFS (10 years later!) has a NGX level of sorts, lets move on!

Same with KLAX. KLAX has been in the default sim since FS3, 30 years ago (!!). There have been so many add-ons of KLAX, and the default MSFS claims that KLAX has been handcrafted, yet it still requires an add-on to be satisfactory?

The default sim should have all the basics (from long ago) done realistically (10 year ago PMDG & Flightbeam level) by now, but no, flight simmers must endure stagnation by default.

Also the favoritism geared to some 3rd parties leaves other (still very important) 3rd parties in the dust. For example, why is there no FS Force utility available for MSFS after all this time? But better yet why are not the features of FS Force in the sim by default? Well if not that, how about just a little bit of force feedback support? Force feedback yokes and joysticks should be one of those basics, but this community concerns itself primarily on screenshots.

FS4 had 4 default aircraft, some 14 years later FS9 had 24 default aircraft, and in MSFS 17 years later we only have 30, more stagnation, quality and quantity is affected, or should I say infected.

Once the default core of the sim has reached an acceptable (3rd party quality from 10 years ago) level of realism day 1 of release, then 3rd parties can scramble to make other (non basic) add-ons. Only then will stagnation be a thing of the past, and topics like this will be a faded memory.

More cooperation instead of more competition is needed badly.

+1

would hope that instead they fix those we have

There is a market for every Level of simmer. You may not be interested in an Asobo 737 but you can only speak for yourself.

Had every version of flightsimulator up to FSX. I gave up on simming shortly after because i couldnt keep up hardware wise. I needed the basic A320 from Asobo to get me back up to speed. I am now on the FBW stable and looking forward to the Fenix when released.

I wouldn’t want to jump straight into something on the level of PMDG right off the bat as a relative newcomer or someone just getting their feet under them.

There is a market for people like that or people who want a good model and only the primary systems. PMDG is rightfully in a different segment and will sell well in its own right but that does not affect whether Asobo should or should not model the same AC. They are on two different segments of the market entirely.

It depends on who you ask. One of main reasons that I enjoy airport addons is how extremely detailed they can be that far surpasses what is offered stock. For example, I don’t have to possibly play a guessing game on where an FBO is and it’s nice eye candy to see Signature, Atlantic, Million Air, TAC Air, ect as you taxi in or out.

1 Like

If it would be on par with default aircraft it would sell like crazy. Most people are interested in reasonably priced addons and only a very tiny amount of people are looking into 70$ addons.

1 Like

Flight simulation is overall an expensive hobby. People complain all the time that DCS modules aren’t worth their asking price but that’s off topic. Like I said there is a freeware 737-800 being developed. People buy new Call of Duty and Battlefield games every few years for $60 and it’s bloated with MTX. Aircraft such as those provided by PMDG will offer you a very in-depth simulation for years upon years. At the end of the day is it as complicated as flying and overall operating as the real deal? No. Why would Asobo invest resources in a 737 post launch? I truly believe that PMDG will hold a monopoly with such an iconic aircraft and those who are interested in such an aircraft will go with PMDG. I don’t think it’s far fetched to say that a good chunk of those who play MSFS have a passion for aviation (a pretty strong one). This is just my opinion from being in the hobby since '97 and I’m sorry if it comes across as definitive, not my intent.

It is all relative.

The Sims franchise brings out 4 or 5 addons a year for things like adding pet animals and people snap them up.

Fortnight makes a fortune out of battle passes that merely give you the opportunity to meet challenges that win you fancy or sometimes weird looking gear that has no mechanical benefit to you in game just changes your appearance.

well, we will be getting the Junkers with the Next World update. :wink:

Even Carenado level aircraft suit me just fine. Which is funny, Carenado USED to make better models than the default. Now Default has caught up to Carenado. :wink:

emoji :whistles and walks off into the distance: /emoji

I don’t have an issue with MS/Asobo creating their own enhanced sceneries even when other 3rd party options are available. Unless it’s an area local to me or for some other reason I feel I have some sort of connection with, or would fly over repeatedly, I’m not really inclined to buy any of the 3rd party stuff especially when it’s $15 a pop or more. That really adds up, especially when I’m not likely to use the area much. But if I do land at an airport or fly over an area, it is nice when the scenery is more than just something generic.

Several people have said default airports are better than they were in the past. I’ll agree somewhat, they still need the lighting, the taxi lights fixed that are scattered all over, and just more color, everything is white, grey or black. Kind of like buying a new car, not much choice in colors. LOL

“Carenado level” ? I think WYMF-5 is great. It’s a fat old lady and flying it, it behaves like a fat old lady. As it should. This is a heavy, 1934 taildragger aircraft, looking fantastic, and the handling is difficult, not wrong. It just hasn’t got a Spitfire engine. I think Carenado did a great job to recreate it.

1 Like

Exactly, and that is what should be included stock, especially a handcrafted airport…no guessing games about FBO or gate numbers or taxiway designations.

Many are still compelled to buy add-ons, I just wonder if it will grow tiresome to buy the same KLAX or a 737 for the 10th time at full price, or will it take 30 times…

1 Like

Oh the gate and taxiway thing drives me up the wall, haha. Just Flight is making something for the latter.

MSFS also looked on track back in summer 2020, and here we are. I won’t believe it until I see it.