Update: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod (v2.10 / Dec 27, 2022)

Much better. Bye bye registration number and all other labels (this livery only)…grey tone for “Savage Carbon” on the door.

So this livery will make it in the next update. Is called “Batman” by the way. Just so you can be cool and talk to ATC in a funny voice.

3 Likes

Big wheels just make everything better! Looks great!

2 Likes

Except speed, range, and fuel economy!

1 Like

very cool. you’re creating a cult aeroplane. Brilliant stuff

3 Likes

well said. i am struggling to control the excess yaw on take-off with my HOTAS X. any suggestions please?

1 Like

Awesome work! This is becoming my go-to backcountry airplane for exploring the world.

I feel you should be compensated for all of your hard work. How can we contribute?

2 Likes

We don’t talk about those things

1 Like

Tundra tires certainly look cooler, and make it possible to land and take off is so many more places. It’s all tradeoffs!

2 Likes

So very true! I’ll take the freedom of landing almost anywhere over the rest

3 Likes

I’d like to see these mods (the 915is) done to the Shock Ultra. With leading-edge slats, double-slotted Fowler flaps, and the landing gear shocks, it can really land almost anywhere. 16 knot solo stall speed!

4 Likes

I concur. Also, it has an artificial horizon which comes in handy at times.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed this, but I’ve just been punching an going, no finesse. As light as she is I would imagine it wouldn’t take a lot of wind to induce this. I also seem to remember reading somewhere that tail draggers often have this issue. I’ll have to pay closer attention next time.

1 Like

Just did some flights and noticed the yaw but it wasn’t always to a single side, I had it happen to the left and to the right. I leaning toward thinking it might still be wind related.

1 Like

Any chance of sticking this on github? Easier to monitor/update.

1 Like

Morning guys…at work so a few quick ones:

• Github: I wanted to get the project on there as well but unfortunately that’s not possible as one of the files (sound) is larger than 100MB, which is a Github restriction. So that was that for Github and I went to Mega, uploading the whole project as a ZIP.
  • Yaw: This is going to be more sensitive / obvious / realistic (take your pick :slight_smile: ) in the coming update (this weekend!). For now you may have noticed that during takeoff sometimes it’s left…sometimes right. That’s the wind. A light tail dragger like this is easily affected by it. Crosswinds of more than a few knots will and should be a challenge. If you find it very hard to control yaw I suggest to lower the sensitivity of your rudder axis to give you finer control.
  • Shock Ultra 915 mod: Not possible currently as all premium aircraft are locked for modification. There is a petition doing the rounds to open such aircraft to modders however…so there is always hope.
1 Like

My house and aerie in Lesotho.

You can take off dead stick by rolling down the hill ahead and starting the engine whilst flying down the valley.

Turn left at the next junction and make your way to Matekane.Dont forget to set some crosswinds.

Love it. Thanks Gotgravel.

3 Likes

That’s a nice piece of real estate you got there!

Taking my cue from Trent Palmer. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I can’t wait to get this new update on the ArkanSTOL course. The turning should be a huge help there.

1 Like

UPDATE: v1.03 RELEASED

Go get her now, and have a blast!

DOWNLOAD (V1.0.3 / NOV 6)

CHANGE LOG

Changelog v1.0.3:

• Added 5 more liveries (purple, teal, black, batman and zebra), bringing the total to 11.
  • More realistic oil temperature and pressure gauge simulation
  • Much improved ground handling
  • Much improved CG (even harder to nose-dip now…unless you don’t apply stick back pressure)
  • More powerful pneumatic brakes
  • Ground effect (added)
  • Gyroscopic precession effect (stronger effect)
  • P-Factor (stronger effect)
  • Torque (stronger effect)
  • Weather Vaning (added)
  • Adverse Yaw (added…but FS2020 does not do this very well yet)
  • Propwash (stronger effect)
2 Likes