V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

seems to be fine here ,.,. Screenshot ?

Original Airpath Compass (AIRPATH C2400 INNER CASE | Aircraft Spruce Canada)

Not entirely sure what “Pilatus Britten Normal” stands for either… :wink:

Edit: Sorry, this is the clean textures mod… :blush:

Artistic licence :slight_smile:
But Mine says NORMAN ??

Might I suggest you have a “modded” Version ?

and The compass works just fine I find ?
Yes the direction is reversed compared to the 152 BUT it still reads accurateley
However I can reverse the direction in the next Update

1 Like

Yes please! Once you notice it, it is very distracting… :wink:

1 Like

You are right… this is the “Clean cockpit textures”… my bad…

Nevertheless, changing the compass direction would be great!

1 Like

Is there any chance the outside engine noise could be quieter?

There seem to be huge differences in audio levels, even without headphone simulation.

NOT in an Islander no :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already Noted thanks

1 Like

I know it’s engines are noisy, but I mean the difference in audio levels.

If I have my headphones adjusted just right from inside the cockpit, from the outside it’s loud enough to cause hearing damage long term.

Do we need to simulate it that accurately? I’m not even joking, it’s so much louder outside that i either have to take my headphones off, or lower the volume down so much inside the cockpit I can barely hear ATC.

1 Like

er …

2 Likes

I’m glad you take potential hearing loss so seriously. I’ll find a way to edit the audio files myself in that case.

It’s a shame the sim allows you to lower engine noise, but it only works inside the cockpit, not an external view as well. I believe that had been requested elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’m glad you take potential hearing loss so seriously.

Im sorry you are taking such a serious stance over this :frowning:
I am sure your PC or sound system Is equipped with a Volume control to prevent hearing loss ?

6 Likes

It is, but as I said its the difference in audio levels from the inside, and outside, so you are right, I do have to lower the volume substantially when I take a glance outside.

I’m equally sorry that a simple request was met with flippancy. :frowning:

There was No Flippancy intended however I found the accusation of “Potential hearing Loss” was a little strong

7 Likes

Perhaps so, but it was the only way I could think to get across my meaning. As I say, I will investigate a way to adjust audio levels myself, or dig out that old wish list thread to allow engine noise adjustment to work from external views as well.

1 Like

This. And Asobo should make the sound adjustments differently for each aeroplane. I mean one general setting and then, if one wants it, the possibility to make further adjustments for each aircraft.

2 Likes

I second the request for a lower exterior sound. I noticed that with a few other devs and it really drives me crazy. Outside is ear-deafening so I lower the volume and then inside I can hardly hear the engine.

This is really an honest question. How everyone deals with it? You guys either have low volume in the cabin and normal in the external view or normal in the cabin and super loud in the external?

1 Like

This is a great idea. Perhaps an option in the config file of each aircraft just for starters.

2 Likes

v1.3.2

• IMPROVED - Prop Feathering
  • IMPROVED - Engine performance
  • IMPROVED - Climb performance
  • ADDED - Windmill Air Start

Release notes since the marketplace version history is wack

1 Like