V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

sorry…is that just a deletion from the Community folder or is there an uninstall process?

JUST delete the folder - blackboxsimulation-bn2-islander from community and contents therof

thanks muchly …

1 Like

How are we suppose to download the update? In my profile I have the license for the aircraft but there is no download link.

Thanks!

your Profile ?
Please explain

With my profile I mean in this webpage:

https://client.blackboxsimulation.com/

There is where my serial number appears but there’s no download link for the aircraft. There is only one button that says manage and actually appears like I haver never activated my product.

Times used: 0 of 2 (2 Remaining) Last Activated : never

BN2 ISLANDER V1.1 Changelog

CHANGED - Loadstations remorked for Individual seat positions

CHANGED - Yoke Visibility Switches removed and remapped to Yoke Boss

ADDED - PaintKit supplied via [Blackbox Website]

TXPDR - #4 dial reversed 
		FIXED - TXPRD - stdby. ident knob etc 
				TXPDR - code now accepted by ATC  

FIXED - flashing glass around storm window and sunblinds

FIXED - spurious "TO" marks from quadrant

CHANGED - Reworked ASI SCale and Markers

CHANGED - Altimeters now "Dual Scale" Baro reads in MB and InHg

ADDED - Independant Baro adjustmenert for main and backup Altimeters

FIXED - Normal Operating Airspeed on placard

FIXED - OAT Gauge remmapped and tuned

ADDED - Cameras CFG reworked

ADDED - working HOBBS gauge

FIXED - smoothed nose polys

FIXED - dials Emissive texture mismatch fixed

ADDED - ATC VOICE Aircraft Type fixed Now says "Britten Norman Islander"

FIXED - missing TBI Ball

ADDED - Curly cable animation

FIXED - DME fully working independantly tunable kn62 on NAV 3

ADDED - Icing effects

FIXED - GNS530 unit is now on Avionics Master

FIXED - squared gauge holes on backup panel smoothed

ADDED - Windshield De Icing 

ADDED - Automatic Baro setting on Sim load

FIXED - rudder trim now fully operable

FIXED - Clock hour hand

IMPROVED - Prop Inertia 

Improved - Adverse Roll with Rudder / Trim 

Changed - Parking Codes,  now only "RAMP"

Prop feathering - Will follow when ASOBO / SDK Allows for proper implementation

Sounds - wwise technician reqd - Will replace current sound set as soon as possible

12 Likes

Sir this Profile and Activation system is for FSX / P3D Product only …
there is No connection with MSFS and no need to activate Your MSFS Products…

Your Download can be accessed via the Original or any future Update email we send you
ok ?

we will be editing the BBS Website download page to make it clear that some processes are not required for MSFS

2 Likes

Ok I just received the email. Nice that you send directly the download link to the mail. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

1 Like

This plane is absolutely terrific if you like “bush” fllying or island hopping to small airports. The textures are not up to ASOBO/Carenado standards, but still very good.

I bought the L19 very soon after release, and it was a bit of a mess, but constant fixes have made it a very enjoyable plane, albeit with a lot of competition in my fleet, like all of the Cubs modified and stock, and the ASOBO Cessnas, even the Just Flight Arrow III.

The Islander is unique, a largish twin with very low stall speed and decent avionics capable of landing almost any runway. Maybe Aerosoft’s Twin Otter will be a good comp in the future, but for now there is nothing.

My advice (and it seems everyone who has actually bought one or more of Blackbox’s MSFS products) is if you want a plane like this, you will not regret buying this one.

5 Likes

It is funny really, but as a complete fan of the JF Arrow, I was really looking forward to that. On Wednesday night, I got the old itch and purchased the Islander. No real time to fly it until today though. Yesterday, JF released the Arrow III/IV Turbo and after an hour in the IV, and 2 hours in the Islander, can you guess which one has given the biggest smile? there is a lot of character in the Islander and a lot in the Arrow too, but that big twin gets my vote, which I can’t believe that I am saying. After removing my goggles and silk scarf, I now get an email saying that it has been improved. I was hoping for a good weekend…

10 Likes

ha ha Love it Magic :slight_smile:
Happy hopping

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Picked up the instruction here to delete the previous install from the ‘Community’ folder and then install the updated version. Might be worth putting this simple instruction into the download page, going forward?

3 Likes

Hi Thanks so much for the patch My fuel flow gauges now work correctly along with many other improvements.
Best wishes
Bob

3 Likes

got the update E-Mail and have installed. Will test later the new version of the plane.

Thank you really having so much fun !!! can’t wait to fly this evening !!

1 Like

Love this plane. It is fun!

Wow, mega update weekend! Aerosoft, then Just flight, and now the Islander. Happy Memorial Day weekend everybody!

I read you want to change sounds in the future. May I ask what in particular ?
I love the motor sounds and don’t want them changed, just sayin…

Not the sound of the sounds … Their Implementation

From LEGACY P3D Style to WWISE MSFS

1 Like