[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

I have no personal interest in this aircraft, as it will never appear on Xbox (in this case, never is the appropriate word) but obviously it looks great and seems on a par with the 737. I would expect it to be priced similarly (£50-£60)

I thought Mathijs Kok had dismissed the possibility of development of the A350 as insufficient data for the aircraft wasn’t available. I certainly hope they’ve had a change of heart as it’s my most wished for airliner.
If Fenix do go on to develop the A319 and A321 I’ll definitely be buying.

1 Like

Starting from a clean slate, in my opinion Fenix will exceed PMDG in both quality and pricing point. From what I’ve seen already, Fenix already beats PMDG on texture quality and sound. I have no doubt that the system depth of Fenix A320 will be modeled at least on par with PMDG. However, what I expect that would differentiate Fenix from PMDG will be something mostly ignored by other tubeliner developers, such as aircraft ownership/maintenance, cabin/passenger modeling & simulation, etc.

1 Like

Ooft! Let this one be released first?
I’d be surprised if they rested on their laurels. They’ve staked their reputation on this A320, so that’ll be the focus for now, I suspect.

I read that as the price would be something less than half of 140. Asking “how many copies are you planning to buy” implies you can buy more than 1 copy for 140.

7 Likes

Personally I am more excited with the A320 compared to the PMDG 737.
I’ll still buy the 737 but from what we’ve seen I think that the Fenix will be an appreciable step up from PMDG quality.
Also, I generally fly more Airbus then Boeing and favourite airlines (Easyjet) fly mostly Airbuses.
I don’t see why not to believe them when they says its days away rather than weeks; so hopefully will not be too long

2 Likes

He hoped/asked around about 70 so I guess that is still the target now.

1 Like

Well, if it’s even cheaper than even better. Now I am struggling between it and the pmdg737, the pmdg attracts me in the way it’s first study level boeing to learn, accompanying with the very good FBW a32nx, but Fenix is yet another level and if cheap enough I might just get Fenix and wait for the larger boeings

1 Like

Send.

Coffee…

Also, whoever made this is a genius - https://www.isthefenixoutyet.co.uk/ - love it.

11 Likes

The funny thing is I knew I was getting trolled and I clicked the links…. That’s how excited I am for the 320… I mean I know I’m getting trolled on flashy links on naughty websites and they look exciting too… but You don’t see me clicking them… just to put it into perspective.

So the release date now is tied 100% to the Asobo patch that’s set to release?

That’s good news right? It means the patch must be coming soon. :eyes:

2 Likes

They said they will release after the patch, in days (if the patch doesn´t break too much). In another post, Aamir said they will release this month. So, technically, between the patch and May 31st.

4 Likes

This is good news. I hope we will get some reviews on the Fenix, ideally with some comparison to the known planes out there across all platforms.

Page 37 of the PMDG manual says that the 737 has a very detailed air conditioning simulation with the temperature of the airplane depending on the angle of the sun, number of passengers and other factors.
And it has glowing overheating brakes.

Looks like the Fenix should have these two features too. :wink:

1 Like

The videos that Fenix posted last year showed a ridiculously detailed level of simulation, since then it can only have gotten better.

3 Likes

Now after having seen one legend come to live (737) I am getting more and more curious about that other Flight Sim 20 legend I am following for years now! Still no update in the Fenix blog?

One of the new secret feature of the Fenix Airbus might be: connect to Steam and play all your favorite games on the primary flight display while the autopilot is active.

Or maybe Fenix will show off the same engine physics and engine details the HotStart Challenger has with a technical drawing of the turbine and the engine core with all the fluid physics animated and calculated.

Fenix is so silent for months now because they surely tinker with some brand-new super interesting features to rival with PMDG!

the FBW airbus is good and they are working on VNAV currently. for many simmers the A32nx will be good enough, especially as its free.

3 Likes

And many flight simmers will buy Fenix A320 on day 1, including me. FBW guys are amazing but I’m more interested in their A380 at the moment. They will reach A320 Fenix’s level later and they can use most of their current work on A380 I believe. Now I’m blown away by PMDG 737 and waiting for Fenix. And still BAE-146 and the Maddog are waiting for me… What a great time for us airliner lovers.

7 Likes

depends on the price.