[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

I do get your point but I suppose there’s a difference between animated and simulated. The latter being more easily in the end actually, as you can imagine well why certain aspects in flight are occuring based on physics etc.

To be honest I share your view that simulated cargo with simulated temperature decrease wouldn’t probably be worth all the development effort. But… maybe it wasnt so hard for them and they needed the theories anyway for different stuff.

You’re flying at 38.000 feet on the way to Boston. You look around the cockpit, just slightly bored. You know how to fly the plane, program the computer, but you’ve never really needed to study the systems or anything. You’re not a real pilot after all.

You look at a switch and think to yourself: “Gee, I wonder what happens if I flip that”… and you do. Nothing seems to happen right away. And deep down in the cargo compartment, you just turned off the heating that was needed to keep the pet Beagle from the passenger in 2C comfortable. Or rather, alive. Because when you arrive in Boston, the cargo crew just had to offload that frozen pupsicle.

All because you decided to flip that switch.

THAT is why we are excited. That is why we care.

32 Likes

That is one of the best comments I’ve read. This is exactly true!

Not only the puppy. But if we are to not simulate Air, pressure, hydraulics etc. Then lets not bother with APU’s or accurate engine starts…Lets just Press CTRl-E and fly over Manhattan at 500ft!!

You mean we’ve NOT to hit CTRL+E ??
I thought all planes did that, and how you ACTUALLY started an aircraft… f’realz!

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I would much rather pay $70 for a high fidelity/near study level aircraft that makes me work just to start the engines, let alone fly, than $30 for an aircraft that gives a false impression that you are in control of.
Thats not to say I wont buy the $30 aircraft to use when I’m feeling lazy and need to scratch that itch, but for me, the real satisfaction comes when I land that plane successfully that has taken days (if not months) of study.
I also appreciate the amount of work that goes into a high fidelity mod, so $70 (or what ever amount) is worth it for the enjoyment I would get out of it.
Yes, I bought the PMDG 737. I will also buy the Fenix 320 and will get hours of fun and appreciate every little detail. It won’t stop me flying the WT C4J or DA62X either though :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

As well as the outlay for the Fenix itself, I’ll need to shell out for a couple of boxes of paper and plenty ink for the printer, for the manuals I intend to study.
Oh, and folders. And binders. And index cards. And……
:flushed::joy:

1 Like

Great answer,thank you very much !
I think some of you arent getting what I meant. I was just curious why people get so enthusiastic and into detail in the sim, as far as I know there is no puppies or other pets simulated in msfs :laughing: I wss just thinking, it wouldnt make much of a difference for the flight experience itself if it was missing. Dont get me wrong, I also love in depth details and systems. Just makes you appreciate developing even more

It makes all the difference in the flight experience knowing that one is in control of a fully simulated airplane with all systems and failures fully simulated.
Instead of just brrrrrrrrrrr´ing around in some simpleton arcade toy that needs no skills and flies so easy and simple that “piloting” merely succumbs to panning around in Google Maps for some city skyline looking, but with simple Ace Combat controls instead of using the mouse cursor.
This does not feel like being the commander of a hyper-complex airliner. The immersion is getting broken when all features the real airplane would have are just not there, and nothing can go wrong and zero skills or diving into the topic needed because nothing is really deep simulated.

A simulator is all about airplanes and systems and realism, and fighting against difficult weathers and thunderstorms, getting involved into realistic aviation circumstances / problems, being correct and precise because every mishandling of the airplane can be fatal, and various failures can happen when doing something wrong or switch something wrong inside the cockpit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Day one on the job, Aamir hands me a couple of pdf files. 15meg, 10 meg. Ruh roh rhaggy. Good luck was all he said.

I surfaced three days later, having read the same page ten times. That was even before I got to get into the sim.

9 Likes

I mean we’ll do the 500foot thing anyway right?

A true simmer gets 100% familiar with the new ship before going on board the first time :wink:

We sure will… Hopefully however it’s the threshold at KLGA and not some random downtown apartment :slight_smile:

1 Like

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

49.99 pounds!!! ■■■■!!!

https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2022-05-15_end_of_beta/

16 Likes

I’m so jealous of all you PC users right now!

3 Likes

Don’t be! Although I never owned a console it took me a while to save for a good PC. It is totally worth it :wink:

1 Like

It’s blowing my mind that Cyanide is now a legitimate flight sim developer, I can’t wait to fly this thing.

1 Like

I just read this entire post and I must say that they have set the bar high. I currently own the Pmdg 737; and i personally am a Boeing guy but i believe Fenix may just take the crown in terms of fidelity if they can pull off the claims in that post. What a fantastic time to be a flight simmer.

5 Likes

Wow, look at those luxury cabin interior and cockpit textures!

I definitely buy it.

Post here for some people lazy to click the link:

10 Likes

Quite surprised at the price. For the quality, I thought it would be much higher.

4 Likes