Visible co-pilots should be standard by now

Did you try to set copilot’s weight to 0 ?
Normally this setting is disabling copilot.

1 Like

That plane has a menu option to remove the virtual copilot.

If I am solo, I rather this not be a thing.

But when we inevitably get shared cockpit natively, I would like to see something like this.

1 Like

You disagree that others should have the option to turn on the co-pilot if they so desire?
Kind of selfish. If you don’t want a co-pilot, don’t turn it on.

I absolutely love the option to have a co-pilot and passengers visible in the cockpit for me. For me, the cost of FPS (which I haven’t noticed at all personally), is well worth having some company with me, just like when I really fly.

Granted, I agree it should be an option. And, something Asobo should create. I really don’t like Carenado’s avatars. A couple of angry pilots is no fun.

3 Likes

I been saying it since launch that we should have the options to make the co pilot and passengers visable that way people can choose for themself to make them visable or not. It would be great if they also add more models to use then. Let us choose if a female passenger sit inthe backseat or a male for that matter.

I would also like this. It’s not super important of course, but it kind of adds something. I would rather the the CBs though, but the two aren’t comparable in the amount of time and complexity it takes to implement.

A lot of improvement mods do this, eg. NX40/62, TBM. My understanding is Asobo already added the nodes in the cockpit geometry, they just need to hookup a way to toggle.

Flying the C310 with passengers just showed my again why I prefer to be alone in the plane… Those guys are somewhat creepy … I mean it’s not 2002 anymore. When compared to animations in other games, it feels like transporting a group of zombies around in the C310.
Even the guys running around on the tarmac feel more alive.
As long as those mannequins don’t come across as little more human I really don’t want to be around them.

If you couldn’t tell, it was supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I do stand firm in my belief that high fidelity features are infinitely more desirable and important than cosmetic gimmicks like visible pilots, but I am not seriously suggesting that people should be denied their inanimate cockpit companions because I, myself, don’t like them. :grin:

1 Like

How about something even better?
Native shared cockpits in multiplayer with customizable 3d ped avatars representing both pilots that mimic controller movement. This tech is already pretty much native in tons of VR apps and games.

Avatar head moves L/R U/D when pilot presses on controls along with moving arms/hands operating whichever controls are being operated by pilots.
Mouth movement when the shared cockpit detects audio communications between the two pilots.
It would make shared cockpit experiences so much more immersive and would build tons of relationships between multiplayer simmers. Almost a meta chat forum/flight school/co op mode inside of the sim. Also a great learning tool for instructor to student scenarios being able to see the 3d avatar reach for buttons. dials, surface controls.

1 Like

Sorry… :worried: (I hate texting for that)

1 Like

You well know that you are not allowed to fly most if not all airliners single-handed. So I’d even opt for a permanent pf or po (depending on which role you want to play) just for the sake of realism.

True, but I simply do not like the appearance of a virtual human being seated in the copilot seat, no matter how realistically he or she might be modeled.

The electrical systems are modeled, so it shouldn’t take much to enable them. But it may point out bugs in the electrical system modeling.

One could use it to practice system failures or learn the airplanes circuits.

In my opinion, working doors, windows and breakers should be a requirement.

Considering how bad the starting Virtual Reality camera position is, I wonder if they’d be able to position virtual co-pilots correctly.

I use FS2Crew app where there’s actually a virtual first officer who has her own flows and checklist that we go through together. So for me it’s unrealistic to hear her voice and help me share the workload, but the cockpit is empty, like there’s a ghost pilot or something.

This thread seems to be split between those that are creeped out by the uncanny valley vs those that feel lonely in an empty world.

My take is that in airliners I want a full crew and passengers but flying two seaters I want to be alone for some quiet time.

1 Like

shhhhh! don’t ask asoba, they’ll mess it up. Wait for a modder to do it.

mee too, ■■■■ this sim is one of the most sterile virtual worlds.
no life to it at all ! no birds , no smoke , no smog, no leaves, nothing moves, its deadpan. especially if there’s wind, the trees look stupid rock hard standing dead straight with a 50 knott gale. There needs to be some more environmental variability.

Also we need to be able to do a “walk around” at least !
its fundamental to flying any aircraft. Check it for defects before going. From C150 to A380 one of the pilots ALWAYS does a walkaround.

1 Like

Two real persons interactive piloting a simulated aircraft from 2 different PCs is what’s needed. Shared piloting an aircraft. X-Plane is developing that now.

1 Like

I agree. That would be fun!