VL3 - Rotax 915 mod

I am having a problem where the aircraft shakes around 130 knots. In the cockpit view the landscape and name tags of other planes are shaking violently. When in exterior view, the actual aircraft shakes. I didnt know if there is a fix to this?

Video Link

Edit (1-10-22)
I have fixed the issue, but don’t know how exactly. I ended up resetting anything/everything under options back to default and it seemed to fix the issue. Ryan and Gravel, thank you for your replies.
KlopaPinguin, that very well may have been the issue. I did the reset to default a day or two ago before looking at your reply. But thank you again for the advice.

Maybe rudder assist is on ? Looks like it. The Vertigo has the same problem if you don’t disable it.

Although the speed shown is as promised of the 915 Rotax, however, I don’t see the distance covered accordingly by the aircraft.

The cabin is too dark at night. Except for the screens and fuel and flaps lights, there is no illumination at all. Please fix.

Have been an ethusist all my life. I like MSFS as it allows me to continue experiencing things. I like sight seeing these days and fell in love with the A5 (forgiving vehicle and slow/safe(r)). Tried out the VL3 and it was a bit more exciting. Didn’t know much about this ac and decided to learn about it, sure glad I did and just put this awesome 915 mod on with a3x last night, unbelievable what this thing can and does do irl. Well done for all that did the plane and MANY thanks to those who brought this to us.

Lights, as other things like this (pitot heat) are what got me digging into the flight ops of this ac… I use headlight to see in it at night now. I enjoy the challenges of jumping from one ac to another as you learn to appreciate the nuisances as compromises. That is once I find the parking brake! And yea, it’s bound but you need to KNOW where it is ; )

One thing I have been trying to find but can’t seem to find reference/mention of… is there a way to use the 3000 roadmap in the A3x mod? I use fspilot on tablet as mfd but would be nice to see more detail in the main screen ac displays too.

O7

Many things can cause this… I discovered that I wasn’t actually coping the files as all the json files in the mod were getting corrupted during the copy to the community. Ty, OS… once I discovered and worked around this, all fine. A good way to check is see if the manifest.json is readable in the mod before AND after copied to community.

Only 1 of many things that can cause these this… gl and hope you get it going.

Not that I know of. The WT G3000 and WT G3X are separate units… I think the roads only show on g3000.

Ty, yes all that I can discover too. It would be nice…
Longing for a G3X full function on android…
Using FSPilot atm, good but each has pro/con.
Any recommendations on things for more realism would be appreciated.
Thanks again

FYI, posted this on the G3X thread re: no screens on the VL3 915 mod: EA Release: Working Title G3X Touch Mod - #128 by Roostermiester
Anyone else having same issue?
Tried the 915 without the G3X mod, and I still can’t get AP to work. It immediately sends me into a left bank and then dives. I am keyboard flying, but that shouldn’t make a difference. I am now getting the speed I was expecting, so at least there’s that. Thanks!

Tons of fun in the JBM VL-3 :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I haven’t flown this plane in a while. Nice pics. I saw the real one at Oshkosh this year and it was a beautiful looking plane up close.

(Would love to see the red one in MSFS!)

red by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

blue by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

cockpit by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

2 Likes

Nice pics :v:

There is a YT channel of pilot Frank who has produced and shared about 300 videos, many of them with his beautiful VL-3. I find his videos very inspiring. However, they are in german language

1 Like

I Love this plane and am wanting to know if the copilot avatar had been removed for a reason and if it’s possibly it can be added to the model somehow?

gday fellow jmb vl3 flyers. Spent a few hours going through the forum on the VL3 as I am a newbie to it but loving it. so much so my cockpit sim is based loosely on it.

one question is it possible to integrate the TDS GTN750 into the VC ?
would very great to have that on my 7 inch 2nd screen

thanks in advance

Kevin

Try JayDee’s GTN750 on Others Mod. It turns the MFD into a 750. You still need the PMS750 mod also installed - they work together.