VR and reading glasses question(s)

There is another thread in which the possible need for some reading glass correction has been discussed if one has serious presbyopia (age-related inability to focus close up). I am 75 and need +2.5 OD correction to read at ~40 cm so I thought that even if the virtual image was placed 1.5 to 2 m out, I still might need ~+0.5 to +1.0 OD help. But I got my G2 today and things look pretty good in the sweet spot without wearing my glasses (I have “perfect” far distance vision thanks to cataract surgery in both eyes). VR-Optician replied to my query about my severe presbyopia that they usually only make their custom inserts based on the far distance part of the prescription but since the spherical plastic inserts in my eyes don’t correct a mild astigmatism, I will probably see even better in the G2 with custom headset lenses to correct my astigmatism - based on a new prescription when it’s safe to get one.

Post with chart showing how needed diopter correction falls off at short range distances:

2 Likes