VR - Unplayable

Can I suggest you watch the following two videos to get some insight on setting up your computer and the sim.

This guy is setting up an Oculus Headset using tools that should apply to your headset.

1 Like

Incredible! Can you fly VR with a 1050 ti with 4 GB VRAM?? How many FPS?

Should be a good system for VR. I have a 2080Ti and a G2 so our specs should be quite similar. However I don’t know about the Oculus platform. I’m tinkering quite a lot but I have OXR at 60% scaling and MSFS at 90% scaling with MSFS settings on medium / high. Sim runs smooth and clear in all areas apart from the most built up ones with DLC.

I know! turning vr on first time was only playable with 60 rendering and all low, which was kinda ridiculous. But I tried and found a pretty working solution :smiley: this video shows more what’s going on: https://youtu.be/8XUYwiQ9M_c

Guy is as excited as me :smiley: what also helped was changing the fov, I tried 0,7 yesterday and it was even smoother (but on 0,7 I started to saw the black borders creeping in, but no biggie, lets say I flown with the helmet on :D) I was flying in airbus, having fun, walking around my room on autopilot which is walking around the plane in vr :smiley:

As far as FPS I would have to check with some fps counter but I’m not sure it will be credible as it’s some FPS voodo with the oculus tray tool that only shows the fourth one, so it’s extra smoth yet 18 hz setting the guy in the video talks a bit more about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.