Walk Around

Need this!

3 Likes

I would like to see a walk around aircraft camera level that lets us walk around the aircraft when in hangar or in a flight session. Just to really let us see things in a 1 to 1 aspect, As if weā€™re there. Also, when aircraft is completely off, it would be nice to see the cockpit empty for realism and photography reasons. Im 100% positive pilots dont just remain in their seats 30min after landing. So if we could get an option to switch that on or off that would be awesome !

2 Likes

the title says it, i wish we can have a sort of walk-around mode in the hangar, or maybe just a simple free camera mode, it can be helpfull for repainter such as myself, i know you basically can do this with the developer mode, but its not really controllable (you have to adjust the coordinate manually via the panel, even for the view so not ) or maybe im missing something.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to see it as well, A2A addons for FSX/P3D has a walkaround mode (basically just click to shift camera) that allows you to check individual pre-flight items on the external model.

I think people underestimate how cool avatar/walkaround mode can be, thereā€™s a big ā€˜wowā€™ factor when seeing a 747 up close from the ground. The Fenix A320 is already detailed enough for decent walkarounds.

Hereā€™s an example from P3D:

Down the road when all the more important things are put in the sim, then what if we had a camera mode kinda like the drone but with a fixed height and visible avatar you are possible to walk around the plane to do a visual inspection (walkaround).
Could make it so that you canā€™t go further away than say 100m from the aircraft to reduce having avatars walking all over the place, but that could be fun too. Imagine walking around these airports with internal modeling and roleplaying that you are a passenger or the crew of your aircraft.

Just a thought that struck me

Just gonna drop this here https://youtu.be/arLQ05DzOps

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone came back and posted this. This is exactly what I had in mind. Iā€™m super hyped! But what I really hope is that MS and Asobo see this and add somethings to the api that enables modders to make something like this even better!

Thanks, but i donā€™t want the rest of the stuff that comes with it.
Standalone walk around mod would be nice, or native support.

1 Like

I would love this. Just to walk around airports, walk around AI planes, check out the buildings, even walks in fields and terrain.

Please, Team Asoboā€¦ Add this cool feature to MSFS. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, since //42 made those lovely camping stuff, walk arounds would be such a great addition!
Iā€™ve tried the FSRealsitc one and it was a mess. I was able to jump out of the cockpit and walked around but for any reason i wasnt able to get back into the plane. If i tried to switch the camera, i instantly switched back. After a game restart I was constantly falling through the ground. I had to deinstall the whole thing to get back to business.

As the topic title says

This should come as standard and not as a 3rd party addon! No pilot worth his salt would not step into the cockpit of an aircraft with doing his pre-flight walk-around. It should be a standard part of the checklist.

2 Likes

Just being able to open the door would be amazingā€¦ Like the days of FSXā€¦ from 2006

2 Likes

XBOX here. I take it there isnā€™t a way to zoom in and out while viewing aircraft in the hangar in 3rd person mode, right? 9/10 times the camera is set too far from the aircraft to see much detail. Iā€™m not seeing any bindings in the control options either.

With an increasing number of aircraft with highly detailed cabins and interiors. A mechanic to freely walk inside the aircraft and even sit on a passenger seat would be marvellous.

This would allow for proper pre-flight walk-arounds, and could raise multiplayer to new levels by allowing other people to physically board an aircraft and be passengers in a flight to just enjoy the scenery.

(Credit to Fenix for the pic)

2 Likes