Well, that's it for me. See you at some point in the future!

I was just flying along and realized I was completely bored and somewhat frustrated. So, I just exited MSFS mid-flight. Time to play some Ghost Recon, American Truck Sim, Dirt Rally, Train Sim, or whatever is a “complete” game at this point in it’s life.

I feel like I’m alone in the skies. Even though I have traffic at 40% or so, I rarely see any AI aircraft movement at airports. ATC can be chatty at times, but it’s mostly quiet. Live weather is a train wreck. Thousands upon thousands of airports don’t have any IFR approaches (vs what they have IRL). Every patch seems to break stuff, that then takes another 1-2 patch cycles to get fixed. Airport lighting is all screwed up: on all day; no lighting at all; only runway lights and no taxiway lights. ATC is worse than FSX. The list goes on and on…

I’ll be back here and there, but I won’t be firing up MSFS every 3 days like I used to. I kinda want to walk away for a 3-6 months or so. I almost feel like uninstalling it so it takes some effort to jump in, but that might be a bit extreme. I love simming; been doing it since I was 13 or so back in the early '80s when Dad bought me an Atari 800XL and FS II. I’ll be back!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)