What are Contrails?

only your own currently

Keep posts on topic, not on each other. If you do not have answer, don’t post. Keep conversations civil.

1 Like

i mean maybe. Cloud Seeding is a real thing. Is it logical they’re doing it at 30,000 feet? I don’t know, i’m not a scientist.

I read a report the other day that covid causes certain neurodegenerative diseases (alzheimers, ALS etc) and more or less implied that covid is a bioweapon. Crazy right? I’m more likely to believe the link to alzheimers than it being a bioweapon. Gotta take “Science” these days with a grain of salt.

My point is just because the science is sound doesn’t mean the reasoning is.

Unless you were being facetious. then my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PeterE1959
We have all asked “embarrassing questions” from time to time. Not in aviation though. Not asking a question due to hubris will just get someone dead. Better to feel foolish and receive guidance than blunder forward and make an embarrassing error instead.

That said, you probably have noticed that now that the initial question has been answered there are plenty of folks that are willing to embarrass themselves without the motivation of learning something new. At the risk of offering knowledge without invitation, please take note of the following option…

If you select Normal you can avoid the useless banter now being enjoyed at your expense by some of our more boisterous members.
You could go even further by selecting Muted and be done with this current lesson.

Welcome to the hobby. :wink:

4 Likes

What! Double take!

I can but strongly disagree with your statement.
In these crazy days of dumbing down, opinions of no substance and now the silly notion
of “alternative facts” and “your truth”, Science is the only thing we have left that bears any
resemblance whatever to reality.

3 Likes

The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.

1 Like

Just an observation @anon81017491 but there does appear to be a disconnect in this generation between “real” science and “media” science.

• Real Science
    “The Scientific Method”
    a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.
    Once the findings have been confirmed by the originator, those findings are publicized in the appropriate scientific journal to allow peer review and duplication of results. Likely it is only those peers that will ever see the research.

• Media Science
    in which a significant event occurs and media outlets scramble to get an “Expert” on Skype so they can offer their opinion on what happened, why and what effect it will have on our lives.
    The “expert” analysis is then distributed by all available forms of social media until the Meme publicists mold it to present their personal agenda.

Pretty easy to see why “science” is getting a bad rap.

NB:
Not as far off topic as it first appears. We did start with a science question. :wink:

2 Likes

this. this. a thousand times this

With the topic author’s question answered and the direction this thread is going, I am closing the thread.

2 Likes