What are you prepared to pay for the PMDG DC-6 or other big studylevel planes?

If I want it, what they cost.

1 Like

You all know that prices aren’t actually arbitrary; they have to actually cover the cost of paying the artists and programmers a living wage? It all comes down to the math in the end, and if you don’t have their balance sheet you can’t do that math.

2 Likes

I see. I owned PMDG in the past (747, 737, 777) and honestly, im not even sure if the cabin was modelled, you might have to look it up. Even if, i see no reason for me to look at it. :slight_smile: But possible they had cabins?

But yes, the further roadmap is clear, fixing some minor bugs that might occur when its out in the wild, but usually these are small fixes from my experience. Then they will go for the 737 which is already WIP and then go for the rest of the main product line which is the 777 and the 747.

I dont think that they will make big changes on the DC6 after release. If there is no cabin modelled and this is important to you, you maybe have to pass on it. If you want the best possible when it comes to the simulation part, you cant go wrong with it. :slight_smile:

I guess I don’t see the big deal about the cabin. It seems to me that the cabin would just take up a lot of systems resources for no good reason. Do a lot of people spend a significant amount of time sat in the back? It’s a genuine question because for me the only interesting seats are those up front at the ‘pointy end’ of the aircraft.

2 Likes

It is an interesting question if a modeled cabin would lead to significantly more purchases.
Personally, I couldn’t care less about a cabin because I am simulating to be a pilot, not a passenger. If I want to have a passenger experience, I just fly somewhere in real life. (I know, that’s not really possible for the DC-6 though)
Probably many of the “hardcore simmers” don’t need a cabin too, to be happy. But I have the impression that the new sim users might consider it as a no go to have no cabin.

1 Like

well the ones that need a cabin else no buy, those are not the puiblic they aim at.

1 Like

but it has a modelled cabin…you could see that in Flying fabios Videos.

Dumb question: why would the cabin not be modelled ?

This can be easily solved by a switch, like the GPS or the copilot in the PA-28.

1 Like

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Here it is… :blue_heart:

54.99$/~47€ (on sale), 59.99$/~50€ regular price

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I am really happy that PMDG decided to step away from the elite pricing approach and put the DC-6 in reach of many more people. Thank you! :blue_heart:

You are undecided? Maybe take a closer look at their Youtube channel, a great overview what to expect…

Take your chance to get deep in the systems of an iconic classic plane.

Thanks PMDG for that great plane and thanks guys/gals for all contributions to the discussion.

I have to dig into some Douglas related paperwork.

See ya’ll later in the skies! :blue_heart:

Over and out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

An interesting question… It depends on the cabin quality.

If I get 500 boring low polygon copy past seats and ugly low-polygon windows with low poly hexagonal shapes in the “rounded” corners, no thanks.

But if I can get for example a superb quality of the first class cabin area of the 747 (I think it was the PMDG Queen of the Skies version that had the first class area modeled as cabin right behind the cockpit) or a part behind the cockpit like a sleeping quarter a toilet and the front section of the cargo area like the Captain Sim 757 has - always please, absolute perfect for immersion. :slight_smile:

Of course the full perfect study-level version, the real deal :slight_smile:

But it also depends on the airplane, if I somehow don´t like it (because I don´t like the cockpit design for example) I am not going to buy any version no matter how flawless the visuals are and how good the system depth…

1 Like