What ATC are you guys using?

They wouldn’t want to and people choose VATSIM over IVAO and vice versa for a reason.

It does, it allows for competition.

Depends on what time it is and where you fly, remember they’re volunteer networks. Having said that I’ve seen ZBW up virtually all day (not uncommon actually). Even outside of events you can find positions staffed up and a lot of traffic (and I love TrackIR for this). During events (which happen very frequently) traffic can reach levels that flow control comes into effect.

EDIT: I’m looking very forward to the CalScream event…

https://calscream.com/

1 Like

I prefer listening in to real world live ATC when I’m flying. Combined with live traffic its so immersive. Not available everywhere mind you.

Here in the UK it is difficult so having random chatter but with regional accents works for me.

Kinda want something like Jump Seat radio to do more live ATC around the world.

Of course, they could fix ATC in the sim to do all of this :wink:

Yeah its a shame we can’t easily listen in to live ATC here in the UK. I mean, you can but the quality is patchy and the coverage isn’t great.

1 Like

VATSIM is the top choice, if / when someone is online where i want to fly.

Otherwise, Pilot2ATC with ATC Chatter as well for background noise.

Pilot2ATC has come along way if you use the public beta, and the developer Dave is very active. If we find bugs we email the logs and within 24 hours (typically) yes emailed us a new version with a fix.

2 Likes

Default ingame ATC.

1 Like

But still based around FAA phraseology as far as I’m aware so not really an option outside of US / Canada.

I use Vatsim. It is realistic. You are talking to real human volunteers trying their best to simulate real atc control. Love it.

If I want ATC, I use Vatsim.

I have Pilot2ATC, and it is good, but it can be a little inflexible, so it never feels very real to me.

Most of the time I fly without ATC of any kind as I’m just exploring places or aircraft, or just trying to master a particular aircraft so I’m not “That guy” on vatsim who can’t seem to work his airplane.

I fly a lot of VFR on vatsim, and I like that they handle it just like real world… Much of the time you don’t need to be talking to them at all in VFR, so its nice just to have the network air traffic out there as you zip around between uncontrolled airports and fly under class B shelves etc.

Pretty much anything is better than the built-in MSFS ATC. Seriously, you’d be better off asking your dog for clearances.

1 Like

VATSIM. Learn it. Up your skills.

I hear nobody talking about POSCON. Is that service doa?

Very much a fan of Pilot2atc myself. Handles both IFR, VFR, flight planning, etc.

2 Likes

Vatsim is awesome! It works really well for me and brings up the realism.

maybe download something like Vatspy (free) to see where controllers and traffic are online?

1 Like

Vatsim when there are controllers and Pilot2ATC when there are none.

like i wrote to someone else just earlier, take advantage of the weekly events, you’ll always have ATC where you want it then. You also have bigger events when almost an entire zone/continent is available for 24hrs.

1 Like

very helpfull tool. I use it EVERYDAY . after a while you manage to find a nice routine at each airports, and make a good advantage of the weekly events ( or bigger events like commuting between 2 airports).
you’ll for example notice that EGKK has almost 24/7 staff, and since they are 1hr “behind” the rest of Europe, they are often open/online, later too.
Excellent tool !

I use Pilot2ATC. What I like is that I can talk to it with voice commands and it usually gets them correct and answers appropriately. It will aslo give you vectors to an approach when you ask or set up the approach that way.

Only thing really missing is other aircraft in the communication stream. Kind of lonely. It does recognize when another aircraft is on the runway to force a go around but you can’t here the controller scream at the guy to get off the runway!

Why do you not have PF3 as a choice in your poll? PF3 has over 100 voices for controllers.

You should add PF3