Where is the Aeroplane Heaven C-47

Not quite.

You better believe developers are contracted to patch their work. The DC-3 is two days old. It is NOT abandonware. But don’t expect new models of the same plane made by AH unless MS/Asobo contracts them to make more.

I would encourage you to read AHs social media then, they certainly look like a dev that has moved onto other things.

Sigh…

Any developer will start working on new projects when a major project is released because some of their staff is now free to work on new things.

But…

Assuming they will abandon their previous work is folly. We have had the sim for two years now. Stock planes receive updates. Maybe not as quickly as payware planes from some developers, but often enough to make it clear, even Carenado (not known for quick or consistent patching) will continue to patch and fix planes when contracted by MS/Asobo for exclusivity. Their contracts clearly involve keeping the plane in working order, updating it to be compatible with future updates, and quelling bugs.

Is it really “their” work when Asobo effectively gutted half of it though?

I am not here to provide op-ed commentary. Just to answer your original question. Consider it answered in full.

3 Likes

Folks - the disappointment is understandable. However, the product is not abandoned, it’s just not going to provide a specific model, for the well explained reasons above.

3 Likes

Well the C-47 is so that’s answered my question lol

1 Like

So AH can’t do a C-47, but nothing’s stopping them from doing a C-117 Super DC-3. :slight_smile:

AH NEVER said they moved on to other things. They said bugs need to be reported to Microsoft (who owns the plane now), not them. That is no way implies that they will not patch or improve the plane at Microsoft’s behest. You’re making an assumption by reading into their response, unfairly.

1 Like

AH, please check with your lawyers. This might work. :joy:

1 Like

If a payware version of a default aircraft is released but offers more depth, accuracy and is sought after for example it is iconic, there is also a good chance such simmers will readily pay for the third party aircraft.
I have never flown the default porter but purchased the Milviz/Blackbird Simulations one.
Should Blackbird or perhaps even A2A develop a detailed and high quality DC3/C47 at some point in the future, I would suspect it would likely sell’s really quite well.

1 Like

Since the Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 has been released as a commissioned product for Microsoft, please continue the conversation here:

Thanks!