Why are posts being moved?

Agree 100%.

As a relative newcomer, navigating the Minoan maze that are these fora is already a daunting task.

What makes it worse is that I ask a question about “X”, get a number of excellent answers, and then want to go back to that thread later on to refresh my memory, (in that topic, under that section), and it’s nowhere to be found!  Egads!  Was it deleted for some reason and I never got the system message?

Eventually I find (some of) my original postings, (and relevant comments on other postings), located waaaaaay over there, in a location that I would never look in, not in a thousand years.  The rest?  :man_shrugging:  Darned if I know.

IMHO, even if a system is bad, it exists and people develop a sense of where things are and it shouldn’t be messed with lightly.

Of course, some threads need to be moved, but that’s done on a case-by-case basis.

As a general rule, (IMHO), you folks should leave well enough alone.

Which users?  Where?

IMHO, something this drastic, that affects everyone on the forums, should have been discussed more openly and transparently with the entire community - and perhaps had a voting button for each particular movement request.  Had this been done, this would not be a problem.

Thanks!

4 Likes