Why do some have CTDs and Others do not?

Agree. A lot of persons still think turning fully OFF the PC, wait a little, and turn it ON, is better to clear all, than doing a Windows->Restart. We have this philosophy from our electronic devices :wink:

But it’s wrong with Windows. With Fast Boot ON (ON by default), the OS save part of the memory and devices states on the HDD before shutdown to speed up next turning ON, even if it’s days after.
So better to Windows->Restart, or turn OFF the Fast Boot.

I say that in case some may need to be educated around, always useful to know IMHO :nerd_face:

2 Likes

:+1:, don’t get started :wink:

Thanks for making making more clear.

1 Like

It is said in the August 19th, 2021 Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator that this next WU will include several CTD fixes.

After a week or so, if there are still numerous CTD reports here, I propose that since the CTD’s (I used to have) are marked with a “report sent” indication, that the MSFS team make a way to publicize these CTD’s. How many CTD’s - How different many users with CTD’s; updated like the weekly bug/wish list’s. Perhaps even a real time feed across the top of the official site and/or the official forum would be possible??

There is nothing like shedding light on a problem to hasten the solution.

If its not that big a problem, then show us its not that big of a problem.

1 Like

Are you assuming that what will placed across the “Top of the Forum” , will be written by Devs, and not Marketing !!!

That would be a good idea to fix CTDs… The Garmin G1000 mod was creating CTDs every time I was trying to use the stock BeechBaron. I was hoping that today’s update would fix the problem
Unfortunately it did not so I removed the mod Garmin NXI from the content manager and no more CTDs when using Baron or any other plane which has G1000

It works just fine in the C208, and the 172 G1000.

You are right! I guess my system has an issue with the G1000 mod and the Baron…

1 Like

Today I had three CTD events in a row. That’s a rare occurrence.

For grins I decided to log out and log back on. The apron - full of aircraft prior to that - was nearly empty. Ground personnel were nowhere to be seen. I took that as empirical evidence that something had changed on the server side.

It’s been smooth sailing… er… flying all afternoon.

EDIT: Just landed at KPRB. Empty. 100% empty. Not a single aircraft on the apron. No ground personnel. Nothing. That’s a first…

Do you have any Baron mods installed? If so, try the NXi without them.

No mod for Baron… It might have to do with the servers too …

1 Like

Sounds the the OLD “AI Traffic” Issue … after a time, too many AI aircraft get spawned, and the sim screams to a 5 fps halt.

One way to see what is happening is to run LNM, which will show the AI aircraft currently running in the sim.

be prepared for a surprise. !!

AI-Planes

1 Like

As long as its the truth, it can be posted by 3 blind mice.

Hey! Did I hear 0000005 memory error?

I have it too, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about as i am not an IT savvy person :slight_smile:

Can’t get past the loading stage till Slide 4 “Take the pilots seat”…and then CTD…100% everytime since Update 5. Have no idea what happened…something like the Titanic!!!

My Event Log too shows “0000005” since Update 5.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a10c07
Faulting process id: 0x1fb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d79a8edba162b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Report Id: 3bd51441-881a-4f63-b9f6-7fccd084aea3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Do I have hope Doctor?

If it does not correct itself, after the SU#6 update tomorrow ( 9/7/2021), then you may have to bite the bullet, and do a fresh Install of MSFS.

If the CTD is being caused by some corruption of data holding your setting, got from the MS servers, then even that may not fix your issue.

Tomorrow will be an Interesting day !!

Trouble with Tomorrow is – It never comes :roll_eyes:

Could it be because of conflicting software?

Turns out there is a conflict between MSFS and Capture One. Who would have thought to test that!?

If you’re a Capture One user, please read this thread. TLDR - there is a DLL that MSFS appears to be loading and causing CLR.dll and other errors. Who knows what other software could also be causing similar errors.

Read this post…

CTD caused by Capture One 20 codec - Bugs & Issues / CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Appears ! Is it a proven fact that MSFS is the one loading this Dll ?

Would be a very strange situation if it was MSFS actually loading it !!

Yes it is a proven fact. Here is a screenshot from my system with those Capture One .dll files loaded by the FlightSimulator.exe

If I wanted for example, start at the Reagan airport in Washington DC it always crashed at the loading screen with those .dll files loaded. Without them I dont have an CTD with the 0xc0000005 error code in combination with either the ntdll.dll, clr.dll or ucrtbase.dll anymore.

So its the reason why MSFS crashed all the time since WU5 for me. Other programms could also conflict with the MSFS because it loads up .dll files that are made for other programms.

WOW – so much for Security and a Sandbox !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.