Why does the rudder have a mind of its own?

My problem started with an update (can’t remember which one) but al of a sudden my third axis of the Thrustmaster Horas 1 for Xbox/pc I use this axis for the rudder which worked up until this point and still to this day still doesn’t work! Even when I let go of this axis the rudder flickers to where ever it wants!

This is espesially anoying when on approach because on flare the plane randomly yaws to one side so I have to go around several times and the last time with a firm landing off the centerline by a lot!

On takeoff I can’t control the plane much as I’d like without it yawing to one side and taking off not on the center line.

On the challenges like Gibraltar I can not control the aircraft whatsoever!

If anyone can help please do is it my joystick which is in perfect condition or a bug? Please say if you know. Thank you :blush:

I´ve had the same problem but I am using a Thrustmaster Airbus Edition Joystick. I´ve never had any problems until a few days ago after the last update in December. I haven’t touched any of the controls settings. I tried updating the device and the error persists. I also tried increasing the dead zone on the joystick sensitivity, and it seems to work a little better. But it keeps constantly drifting to the left, both during taxiing but especially on takeoff. And also just before landing the plane heels to the left even with LOC and APP activated correctly. I have read in the forums that it is not recommended to unplug the controls with the computer off, this may have been the cause. At this point, I think the best thing to do is to remove the joystick from the controls and reinstall it. I will let you know if I find the solution.

1 Like

Thank you so much but by reinstall do you mean reinstall the whole game (again it would be the 5th time :joy:) And that is almost exactly my issue so I’m sort of glad it’s not just me :joy:or do you mean reinstall the device to the game and remove it’s profile and redo the profile again?

Sorry, I meant to re-install the device! hehehe :sweat_smile:

Check out this post - Rudder “Twitch” - All planes - #8 by BlackShark3D

Might be applicable, don’t know about with other sticks though.

2 Likes

Yes I have now did that :smiley: but fs2020 isn’t picking up the device​:joy: Fs2020 is a problem after problem :joy:

1 Like

I have found that FSUIPC 7 helps a bit with that problem, it seems to contain the rudder a little more. You do the calibration in FSUIPC. You have to revisit it and recheck it from time to time, but it does help.

Thanks so much @BobbyFuzzy, …I´ll try to open it and check if it´s something related with the wires!

1 Like

Thank you I’ll give it a try tommorow! I’ll let you know if there are any tangled wires. But the only thing is how could the wires get so tangled up the joystick malfunctions?

I mean I’ve only heard of it with the airbus sticks but the reason is that there’s a big glob of glue on the pot that catches on the wires. If you scroll down on the topic I think someone posted pictures.

1 Like

I wanted to post it as I found that was the problem with mine and fixed the issue. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hello I did as you said uninstall the Hotas but I cant find the joystick poping up on the controller screen??? I really can’t find it anywhere it’s set to PC mode I’ve moved plug sockets for the joystick;still no luck.
If you can help Amazing :star_struck:

Really weird…try to plug it before opening the simulator.

Maybe this solution could help you: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/ic1ztr/tflight_hotas_x_not_showing_up_in_fs2020/

Thanks it worked :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had this problem with the Hotas 1 but on the Y axis. Been wanting to pop it open for awhile now but haven’t gotten to it yet. This guy has though: Microsoft Hotas 1 Flight Stick - Jitter FIX - YouTube

I also opened a case with Thustmaster and they are supposed to send me a replacement when they are back in stock. But I’m not holding my breath…

Yes my problem to so I’m looking at the tca sidestick because I’ve tryed on two simulators and same problem and I’ve only had the joystick for a bit over 2 years and it’s broke?