Why don't they fix the most obvious bugs?

I use MSFS2020 since day one.
There are still so many obvious bugs it is really ridiculous.
Examples:

• Save a flight mid air at 41000ft. Load it again, the plane thinks it is at 10000ft and reacts accordingly. ATC and Autopilot are broken when you reload the flight.
  • Flight plans ask you to drop from cruising altitude to transition altitude with 10 miles
  • Auto-thrust suddenly stops working mid-air
  • Auto-pilot suddenly turns right for no reason.
  • Other flight instruments stop working
  • Flight management full of bugs
    All issues reported a hundred times, but Asobo keeps working on the smoothness of waves in the middle of the ocean or creates yet another historic plane.

A very good start is going to the dogs if these things are not fixed.

27 Likes

Would like to add the reliable disasappearing of the mouse in VR, multiple times per session. Only way to fix this is to leave and re-enter VR. This bug has been around for several releases now - please fix!

Also: When planning a flight on the world.map, sometimes you simply cannot “Add” a way point between origin and destination. The option is there but it’s simply not clickabl. This has also been around for ages. Weirdly inconsistent.

3 Likes

you asked WHY? so it might be a good idea to realize that within Asobo there are different teams working on different aspects of the sim. Introducing a local legend which although not my thing just like Reno Races or Top Gun are content features. Same with waves and trees etc. which seem to be related to graphics etc. Reloading a saved flight with autopilot is probably a lower priority than performance issues that some people have, which may or not be related to the sim itself but the millions of different pc configs that exist. I think its all related to the ongoing nature of the sim its complexity and the vast number of users who want different things.whats obvious to one user may be irelevant to another.

13 Likes

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

12 Likes

Hi BearsAreCool510, yes there is a problem adding a waypoint on the world map. but, you can get round it by zooming in closer, then sometimes you have to zoom out again. It does take a few goes to get it to accept the ‘Add’.

Hope this helps you.

2 Likes

I don’t think Asobo had much to do with developing the local legend(s) lately, so that can’t be an excuse why obvious bugs aren’t getting fixed.

Asobo answer ultimately to their employers who, I suspect, are very much committed to their gaming platform.

The needs for a continual income stream from the gaming platform and the need for a true bug free and accurate flight simulation do not always coincide.

3 Likes

The Simple Answer:
MSFS 2020 is a Flight Simulator Game.
Changes, Fixes and Updates to the game are dictated by Microsoft Marketing Guru’s.
Bottom Line: $$Marketing$$
But we all LOVE our MSFS !

4 Likes

I totaly agree:

My BUgs that i found:

• Misiing Taxiways(maynbe implement a ai which has only thje quest to regonize the taxiways from real world airports and draw them to the airports in msfs with the right colours and accuracy.
  • Broken Taxiways
  • Broken Jetways
  • Jetways wont connect
  • jetways going a few ft trought the aircraft when their connected
  • Airport buildings looking ugly and like office buildings. and often not close to realife. even the old xp has better buildings
  • Airport Building nightlighning bad. it look like disco/club lights
  • Atc have now the same voice
  • live weather transition not smooth
  • user unfriendly camera
  • user unfriendly replay tool
  • no cabine in the airliner
  • bad default flightphysics
  • bad default airplanes.
  • no weather radar
  • no terrain radar
  • Groundservices rotating lights not there wehre they should be in the moddeled lights from the cars and truck.
  • stutters
  • ctds
  • turbulence and how the airplane react under bad weather conditions not so good because the airplane flys under bad weather conditions like under good weather conditions. so that you dont have to do more work then under good weather conditions.
  • no modellmatching of the livetraffic
  • to less live traffic
  • live traffic going crazy and cross the airport in a very low height and rotates in the air vertical. also the live traffic makes a lot of go arounds.
  • stars/the univers to close.
  • blurry and outdated ground textures also after the wu
  • multiplayer spawning on the runway.
  • no towerviewsy, flybyviews etc.
  • no jetway connecting sounds.
  • livetraffic sounds sounds like a vaccum cleaner.
  • rain to quiet.
  • missing airplane air effects.
  • missing failure systems by default
  • bad ground handling of the airliners.
  • trees are badder then in xp11 and fsx.
  • no shared cockpit by default.
  • live weather sometimes hours or days old.
  • missing sid/stars.
  • wrong/missing airport taxiway singns.
  • to many taxiway sighns and wrong position of them
  • weight and fuel page broken in metric units
  • weather wind speeds changing broken in the metric units
  • live traffic/multiplayer nav lights to big
  • live traffic/multiplayer lights far away from the aircraft
  • livetraffic/multiplayer taxis a few ft above the ground
  • live traffic no smooth flaring
  • livetraffic no routes
  • live traffic rotaest like crazy on the ground for a short time
  • live traffic dont use any sid/stars
  • livetraffic hours behinde. so its not live
  • atc voice broken when you use the german language it sounds like it spells the word win german with an english accent.
  • confusing airplane selection in the menu.
  • no ligtning strikes in the ground. or theyr are to fast.
  • thunder could be louder and more scary like in realife.
  • steam version, msfs deltes by it self when you use the repair tool
  • msfs delets by it self.
  • msfs means you have to load the whole game again
  • update/download slowly
  • always the white loading circle
  • citys/photgrammerty appears slowly also with gigabyte connection.maybe a server related issue. and it looks when zooming in very broken and like spikes?
  • pixelated and grainy clouds even on ultra.
  • waterfalls are walls and now water
  • blurry streets,highways,freeways etc.
  • no churches,cathedrals in non photogrammetry citys and villages
  • no atennas, radio stations,ils statiuons,vor stations modelled.
  • bad vfr map.(improvement needed with ils frequencies,vor frequencies,names of towns and villages etc)

last but not least: i think the simulator get better over the time. And i enjoy every minute in this simulator also when i have to deal with these bugs.

for now it needs a lot improvment. maybe in the next time more sim updates and lesser content like dlcs,wu, new airplanes etc

24 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is quite the extensive list and I thought our missing interstate 10 bridge spans in the Pensacola, Fl (KPNS) area was important. I sent a ticket in about 1 week after release. The bridge spans and others in the same area are still missing. I quit holding my breath after I turned blue. ha

4 Likes

Not much love left here actually!

You’re correct. As someone who flies mainly IFR using charts, procedures etc, Msfs2020 is much less of a serious simulator than I would have hoped.

It’s great for scenery watching, if that’s your thing, but not much use for anything else.

If low slow VFR is always going to be the focus, I’ll stick with XP. It’s really sad that Microsoft have not produced the product they sold me…you remember, ‘As real as it gets…’ Well, it isn’t; not if you’re after a real flight simulator.

Thank goodness for the FBW A320. Without that, I would have given up on this flying game long ago.

To those who enjoy it, I’m happy for you.

9 Likes

Which is why I think much of the discussion and focus has been on performance and graphics.

7 Likes

Completely agree with you.

1 Like

And of course my pet peeve;

BUSH TRIPS that sometimes work and sometimes don’t.

One of my many favorites…being halfway to a destination, quitting and coming back the next day puts you right back at the airstrip (or some other random spot along the way).

Oh….and LOGBOOKS that don’t log properly.

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s get the art department working on bugs and doing QA, that sounds like a great use of their time and expertise.

4 Likes

I don’t know. I just started flying again after nearly an entire year without firing up the sim and I was blown away at how much more stable and overall, better the experience is now. Coming from Summer 2021 to Summer 2022 MSFS it’s been night and day in terms of bugs. So I think pretty massive progress has been made, but it’s just obviously an ongoing and probably neverending battle to squash as many bugs as possible.

I think that sometimes when you’re so close to something, like the sim, that it’s difficult to really see and appreciate incremental process.

Plus, I think it’s common to fixate on specific bugs or annoyances that a single user feels like have an impact on them and should be top priority. If those issues aren’t fixed it becomes easy to just assume that nothing is being fixed when that’s just not the case.

Separately, I think comments about, “why are they making X when they can’t fix Y” are off base. I think it shows a lack of understanding of the skills and specializations that work at a game studio. It’s as if it is suggesting that everyone there is a programmer with the same skills working on the same thing, so if they’re making a Top Gun DLC that means they’re not fixing bugs. That’s just untrue and not how ANY company works and it always perplexing to read.

MSFS is far from perfect, and it sucks that your personal pet peeve bug hasn’t been squashed yet, but it’s misguided to believe that means progress isn’t being made or that things aren’t getting fixed.

22 Likes

That’s a big list of bugs and I’m guessing that you’ve missed quite a few too.

To be fair, though, I don’t think that the Asobo ‘free’ aircraft are too bad as starter aircraft for having a bit of fun. A couple of years ago I happily flew a lot of them although to start with there wasn’t much else around tbh. Compared with other sims, however, I think Asobo gave us a good collection to get us going (apart from maybe the airliners). I have, however, now deleted almost all of them and now only use 3rd party ac.

And so … with all the issues I have with FS2020 I will now say/admit that FS2020 is the only Civ. Sim that I use. Xplane 11, for me, is last gen now and has been deleted from my SSD along with hundreds of pounds worth of bought addons which were required to get it to a good standard. It was good whilst it lasted though.

I await Xplane 12 with interest and yet I am by no means sure at the moment that it will become my main sim. I will probably look at user reviews rather than youtube vids. to form an opinion.

Asobo , in truth, are in a difficult situation in my view trying to serve the needs of different kinds of customers and they all have different requirements and wants. But you can never please all of the people all of the time or so ‘they’ say. The problem could eventually be however that it is not a good enough game for gamers and that it is not a good enough sim for simers.

For now, however, FS2020 remains on my SSD and it will remain there until/if something comes along which is better. For the moment though, I do think that FS2020 is the best sim for me.

7 Likes

Also I think that issue of the Mouse go poof, is WMR and OpenXR, Not MSFS. Type WIN-Y and the mouse will focus back to MSFS, WMR thinks the Desktop has focus.

• Flight plans ask you to drop from cruising altitude to transition altitude with 10 miles
    What altitude was your cruise? and What plane were you flying?

• Auto-thrust suddenly stops working mid-air
    The autopilot? or the AI pilot?

• Auto-pilot suddenly turns right for no reason.
    It only does that to me if Im PAST the waypoint and the autopilot turns back to it. I need to make sure the next leg is active before turning on the autopilot.

• Other flight instruments stop working
    Like which ones, in what aircraft. Ive never had it happen, Id love to test myself.

• Flight management full of bugs
    Full of bugs? or just not fully functional? two different things. the latter, Working Title is on it for All the aircraft, but they are rebuilding them which takes time.

All issues reported a hundred times, but Asobo keeps working on the smoothness of waves in the middle of the ocean or creates yet another historic plane.

5 Likes

For me is the msfs also the best simulator. it may sound like that i dosent enjoy the simulator. but i enjoy him a lot of the time. i mean some of these bugs not really game destroyend like the ctds or the stutters. for me is xplane 11 also a oudated simulator, for me subjective, it feels like compared to the msfs, flying like on rails. i dont know why. otherwise zu have to buy in xplane a lot of addons to get these graphics.

so you can safe some money, which can you spent in some good payware addons. which you have in xplane spent to graphical improvments. i think it will get better and better. and this sim is nearly 2 years old. i think we should be a bit patient included me. because in the background of this simulator wortk a ton of code which can get broken when you change something in one line i think.

yes xp12 will slightly look better then xp11 trought the new clouds and lighsystem and trees. but the szenery is the same how in xp11. for me it isnt a version upgrade worthy.

i mean a few people never flown in realife and think to know what is real and what is not real. its so ridiculous that some people never flown and think to know what is realistic in the simulator and what not. maybe the devs read my list and find soemthing what their arent aware for now.

@all do you mean the devs read our feedback in the forum how they always say in the dev Q&A?

1 Like