Why is there no new aircraft in sight from the market leading developers?

First of all, “no new aircraft in sight” is simply false. There are plenty in development and plenty coming soon.

Secondly, if you think two months is a long wait, this must be your first rodeo. Two months is an extremely short time for the release of anything beyond the bare minimum in complexity, as previous simulators aptly demonstrated.

MSFS also includes new features that prevent to simply import models from previous flight sims and sell them as is while offering a reasonable level of quality, which was instead possible in previous sims.

It normally takes at least six months for aircraft with any complexity to be released in a new sim.

PS: Just bought the MB-339 and it’s awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

The Aerosoft team have been working with Asobo for a while. I think we’ll see the CRJ first, then the Twin Otter. See the interview here.

2 Likes

Just remember that it took Aerosoft about 10 years to originally bring the CRJ to market in FSX.

1 Like

Interesting. Is Virtualcol any good…? Don’t really know them but I’d LOVE to get a Dash 8 in MSFS…!!!

Oh boy, I totally missed the Dash-8 announcement. Can’t wait for that baby.

Their aircraft are quite good for the price in my experience, but they’re not study-level.

That was a different circumstance, as it was an initial release, and the development had to be done from scratch with no baseline.

With a P3D version to reference to, there’s an established baseline for the behaviour of the aircraft and features, development can be much faster.

2 Likes

Let’s hope so.

1 Like

I have it on very good authority from one of the developers, that the process is very difficult “porting” aircraft from FSX & Steam FSX to MSFS-2020. You have to go out and buy very expensive programs to do it with, with no guarantee of any return. Remember, it’s always about the money, no money, no product, this is not voluntary you know. I don’t understand process or even some of the terminology, but it’s not like converting X-Plane or P3D planes into FSX. Way more time consuming and difficult. And starting from scratch also is hard, don’t know for sure, but think, MS gave Asobo all the tools, but blocked others from being able to. Some people have ported FSX into this sim, none of the visual gauges work, AP’s don’t work, so why should I (anyone) want to fly plane that is incomplete and more than half of systems don’t work, oh MSFS has this problem as well, and I limit myself to waiting for the next patch with the hopes of improvement. For now, using FSX.

1 Like

Okay, I will keep an eye on it. I own the Majestic Q400 but found the AFS2 Q400 fun enough too already so… if they delived a Dash that’s somewhere in between those I’d be happy already. As long as the graphics are 100% MSFS that is…

DC Designs describes it well. They plan to have their f-15 out in one or two months, by the way.

“On Wednesday, I started on full-time development of my aircraft for MSFS. I’ve been looking forward to doing so for a long time, as the new simulator is simply so far ahead of any of the competition, and so realistic, that simply flying about in it is a true joy almost as good as flying for real. It is, however, an entirely new simulator and that means learning a huge amount about new techniques, new tools, new procedures and workflows - it’s basically an entirely new system. I’m sure many of you will already have heard of the trials developers are going through to understand and utilise the new SDK ( what there is of it ) to bring their products into the new simulator.”

Source: DC Designs

1 Like

Nope actually Virtualol planes are worse quality than carenado.Hope they improve.

Bummer…

But that’s when they were on FSX.Who knows what improvement they made for the new sim

Best comment of the day. I agree 100%. If I was a developer I’d be waiting too.

Well given the “yes it is” appears to be in reply to your second post where you state: “…from the pic it looks like default gps to me…” it would seem they are agreeing it is the default GPS to me - does not seem much to decipher. :thinking:

1 Like

Certainly a lacking SDK would really not help developers and I would tend to agree they would at best only move forward cautiously in these early months after release when clearly there are underlying issues with the sim. That said, going back the OP’s original I stand by my previous comments - even with a fully functioning detailed SDK and a fairly solid sim platform, third-party aircraft developers like A2A and PMDG would still take notably longer to bring something to the market than scenery developers.
Certainly not to belittle the work of scenery developers by any means, but I simply cannot see how the development times of scenery and study level aircraft like those produce by A2A PMDG can be compared.

1 Like

Have no knowledge of this, speculation on my part, but quality wings 787 would be wonderful addition to this sim, but like others, they are waiting, presently MSFS has major engine trouble, over the pacific ocean and no alternate landing field close. It has (opinion) 3-6 month window to get FIXED, or everyone with any guts is going to just wash hand of it. I for one would ask for money back but past any windows possibly now. Hopefully the next patch will address more of the problems as I have reported at least 5. But, if not fixed like 3 months, going to wash myself of the loss of money and just move back totally to FSX. I do think, having both installed on machine, the latest patch (should not have done this) but seems to have affected FSX somehow, never used to have AP issues, today, crashed three times trying to get to cruise altitude in FSX, took off system. Defragged drive, will run CHKDSK next (hours long process) will reinstall later on this evening. Don’t want to put on another drive but don’t see why I could not put on USB SSD Drive I bought to backup MSFS too. It should run fine from there I think. Regardless, they got small windows before the “rats leave the ship”.

Considering that new aircraft are announced almost on a daily basis and releases are happening, it’s also the most inaccurate.

It’s pretty literally the usual doom & gloom hatebabble that we’ve seen in plenty of other threads, adapted to fit this one as well.

It also conflicts with what most addon developers have been saying.

3 Likes

Yep also well written. Although I’m sure not all the devs are twiddling there thumbs. :pray:

What I still don’t understand and only Microsoft will know as I doubt it was Asobo’s call was why did they only have a 2 week beta when they could have used that time to shore up the existing features and put a blocker on releasing any new content until what they have including the SDK was more finalised.

A 3 month beta with the whole team push forward leading up to Christmas would have worked wonders for the platform, yet now I feel the bugs appear to be handled by the tiniest of BAU teams in some issolated building in the far flung region of Bordeaux…

1 Like

I just want A2A to release a new 172, cant waittttt

1 Like