Why is there no support for VR controllers?

It will never feel great till we get vr gloves. That will be some day.

1 Like

Thanks for your review. I am now thinking about getting Leap Motion but not sure it will ever be supported by FS and if it’s that clumsy and somewhat inaccurate than I’ll probably pass on this technology.

Couldn’t agree more with everyone. The sim is unplayable for me in VR without the use of motion controllers. At best it’s a lousy game in VR… not a SIMULATOR.

1 Like

I’m with you on this. It’s amazing.

1 Like

For me leap motion or similar is the ultimate solution

It worked pretty well for a time on certain planes with flyinside and leap motion. Then an update screwed it up and seemed to get abandoned pretty much
But it was great when it worked, so much potential imo

I never got on with controllers with xplane and did really try. Far easier to reach for a mouse than pick up a controller, fiddling with it in hand to sit right, get the pointer to activate.
It was bloody awful to be honest
Mouse always there, laying flat, exactly where I expect it and you know, been using a mouse forever!!

Maybe longer IFR flights where very little HOTAS interaction required controllers could work well to be fair. But just never felt right to me, each to their own

In X-plane 11, I use the right hand controller for GPS, frequency changes, flaps, lights, just everything really in conjunction with my Xbox 360 controller.
It is excellent and is now second nature.
I sit on a comfy chair and like to actually reach for controls and press buttons with the VR controller.
Using the mouse in Msfs is torture as I have a trackpad on my keyboard and it’s not very smooth or accurate and I have no room for a desk.

+1. Long time x-plane user and the VR implementation (though I love it) is much more of a mess for those of us using WMR, steamVR for WMR, etc…and frankly unless you are flying above stock X-plane autogen and scenery in a stock X-plane plane, the performance is worse for me.

If you are just after buttery smooth VR I don’t know why you’d ever leave aerofly.

Unplayable is getting a little carried away unless you are playing on a mouse and keyboard!
Have you actually tried using motion controllers in a high fidelity sim like DCS? I don’t think the technology is there yet to be honest. Might be okay for sims with a simplified and more streamlined (arcade) approach but for controlling a boeing or even prop planes it will be clunky and imprecise, especially if combined with a HOTAS setup which I personally wouldn’t ever want to give up.

I use x-plane in VR with motion controllers, along with a physical yoke and rudder pedals. This is the only way for me to have the realism necessary to truly be valuable simulation time for training.

Which motion controllers do you use for that bud?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.