Why should I buy the PMDG 737-800?

No annoying hordes of loud-mouthed tourists are sitting inside the plane, getting drunk and behaving like an horde of rampaging animals. But nice quiet peaceful cargo, that is thankful for being delivered to their destination airport.

1 Like

PMDG were very upfront about chose their pricing strategy. I think that if they did give a big discount to 700 owners (or even 600 owners), the initial price for the 700 would have been higher to compensate. Weā€™d have ended up paying the saying money, just in a different timing. The people who only wanted one variant would then have been complaining on these forums rather than those who wanted multiple variants.

More likely euro 69 each or euro 250 for all 4. Or euro 120 for the first one and then euro 30 each therafter. Timing differences only really

2 Likes

I would say that PMDG have done an excellent job of getting the 600/700/800 to all feel very different - most noticeably at take off and landing, obviously less so at 36,000 feet in the cruise. Iā€™ve really struggled to get smooth take offs with the 800, but I had no problem with the 600 and 700. Been an interesting challenge for me. Landings feel more challenging too. Hard to say if thats 70 euros more interesting and challenging though. Thatā€™s a personal choice

1 Like

Since we are kinda talking about the 777ā€¦ will there be a ER version or will it be, by defult, the common ER versionsā€¦

Regarding the 737-800ā€¦

Back to the all important $70ā€¦
ā€œDo I upgrade to the 737-800 or to stay with 737-700???ā€ questionā€¦

It all depends on what one of the following two types of msfs simmer you want to, or already relate toā€¦

If you are a OCD ā€˜pat a cat with grain of the furā€™ type, like 90% of us ā€˜wannabeā€™ factual tubeliners, who cant think of anything worse than flying out of Frankfurt main to London Heathrow in a Ryanair A320 and you want to be flying the real aircraft with the realistic livery to match on, realistic routesā€¦ Sip on your finest red wine as you fly a KLM 737-800 5.30pm premium service flight, Heathrow to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol thenā€¦
Get that well worn credit card out, flaunt that ching ching baby and tap that 800ā€¦

If you are one of those 10% ā€œimmersion breakingā€ pat a cat against the fur typesā€¦ One who is happy to fly a ā€˜Air NZ livery concord on a LAX to Mexico city flightā€¦ā€™ and you are more than fine with flying a ā€˜easyjetā€™ 737-700 flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Singapore Changi Airportā€¦
Donā€™t fall for those marketing ploys and keep that credit card back in your pocket brotherā€¦ save that hard earned $$$ for something else amazing to come outā€¦

Likeā€¦

PMDG 777 or the milviz 737-200

2 Likes

No reason to buy it in my opinion. Let me know when thereā€™s a good MAX on the market, thatā€™s all I want.

1 Like

You mean that 90% of simmers here are hard core ones that want to fly by the book and the 10% are those who want to fly for fun and easy going? or the other way around?

Itā€™s personal preference. I will say, PMDGā€™s business strategy is excellent, but annoying for some. I got the -700 as soon as it came out, because I was desperate for a good 737. Then I got the -800 as soon as it came out, because thatā€™s what I really wanted. I havenā€™t even touched the -700 since.

1 Like

So you have three more to go. PMDG should be very happy with you.

as PMDG has not given us anything on how theyā€™re gonna release the 777, all youā€™re going to get is speculation.

Personally, my speculation is they will release two models, -200 and -300 and each version will have the base pax version and a freighter version. Itā€™s hard to say how they will release LR and ER models if at all. My guess is configurable fuel tanks a la the 737 BBJ. This is simply based on how they released the 737 variants. I can expect a bump in price due to a bigger and probably ā€œmore complexā€ model but will be pleasantly surprised if it stays in the $70-$80 range (which is about the most iā€™ll pay for a high-fidelity aircraft)

Also, i have never heard ā€œpat a cat with grain of the fur.ā€ What a fun sayingā€¦

You should buy the PMDG 737 because a good simpilot buys everything PMDG releases. Especially the 777 that will approach in our hangars soon.

My favorite 737 has and will almost certainly be the 700 I was so happy that this was the first to release, I too was sitting on the fence about the 800. In the end I bought the 800 so that I would have variety in my routes/loads, because of this I have now also purchased the 600. I am flying all three depending on runway length and route structure, I think that I still fly the 700 more than the other two but I do enjoy the different feel of the other aircraft. Now my question is should I buy the 900, Iā€™m sure I will in the endā€¦

How is your bank account? :grin: :laughing:

My opinion, I bought the 600 and 800 only. Happy with those now. Waiting for the 777.

No interest in the 700.

If Iā€™d bought the 700, would I buy the 800? No. But, I would have bought the 600. I donā€™t buy aircraft because its flown today or on some real world route, I buy it because I want to fly it or collect them all (just my opinion!).

I liked the 600, absolute bargain no brainer price and unique in its size.

On the flip side I didnā€™t buy the Fenix because no freighter / cargo version.

So maybe donā€™t listen to me :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.