Wind testing - inconsistencies throughout

Yes. It reads correctly on the world map, the ATIS, ATC reporting weather and the windsocks. It is 100% not being simulated in game though or on the Garmins. Its very obvious when landing with a huge cross wind being reported while the aircraft gently glides down to the runway not being effected at all.

I have the same problem. But for me is stuck in 222-225/3. I interpreted that they solved the problem in the latest update, but that was not true?

No, the update did not fix the issue. However, a fix apparently is in the works.

There should be a weekly developer blog update later today. Hopefully they will have more details on the next patch, and when we can expect it.

Check it out guys!

PATCH #2 HIGHLIGHTS (full patch notes will be released with the patch)

• Performance improvements
  • ATC updates
  • UI updates
  • Aerodynamic updates
  • Aircraft updates
  • Cockpit visuals and animation updates
  • General aviation system updates
  • General aviation avionic updated
  • Airliner system updates
  • Airliner avionic updates
  • Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)
  • Upgraded multiplayer servers
  • Marketplace updates
  • Content Manager updates
  • Localization updates
  • Accessibility updates
  • Camera updates
  • Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)
  • World updates

OK, so what direction IS the wind blowing?
Flying TBM and the wind direction shows 179 at 23 Kts but the arrow is pointing North.
The Center Garmin winds shows the correct direction (From North Up) but the insert on Pilot’s side is opposite direction. So is that the direction From 179 at 23 Kts? This makes it confusing.

The PFD display is the correct one The head of the arrow points in the direction the wind is flowing, and the tail of the arrow points to the direction the wind is coming from. (coming from 179 degrees, flowing north).

By contrast, the arrow on the MFD is acting like a wind vane, where the tip of the arrow points into the wind, which will always make it 180 degrees opposite of the PFD.

AFAIK, both wind arrows are supposed to be the same, and the one on the PFD is the one that acts like every other aircraft wind display I have ever seen.

Can confirm the latest patch has addressed the surface wind issue. Great job Asobo, keep up the good work! Thank you to everyone for voting on this and putting it forward. Next thing; approach lights.

1 Like