Windows and Mac

It will run fine, if you don’t need everything at ultra 60 FPS. It would certainly look good enough to fool your eyes frequently. Probably 30-ish FPS 1080P - 1400P at high.

Just checking back in after this latest update.

Everything is still running fine on my bootcamp installed copy on my iMac. Using the blue version of the radeon drivers from a few months back–haven’t tried any of the latest updates or red version.

Performance is good–my general impression is things look better in the sim, and I was able to bump by resolution up to 1440P and mostly high settings.

Something was definitely tweaked somewhere as the sim is definitely smoother now–I can really notice it in a 360 turn.

Overall really happy-and still amazed how well my rig runs the sim with my rather weak Radeon Pro 575. :smile:

Happy Flying!

Hey! Just wondering, I’m thinking of getting MFS2020 today after the update 5 release with the developers saying that there should be performance boosts. Has anyone tried it out using bootcamp, and if so what’s the performance looking like?

Hello,

I just installed SU5 last weekend on my bootcamp windows 10 and took it for a spin. I had no problems at all. I didn’t notice any appreciable performance increase, but I also didn’t experience any of the problems others have.

1 Like

I have been running MSFS on my IMac using bootcamp for several years. My AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8GB is not capable of running it at 4k, although it did achieve 30fps at high graphics quality at 1080.

I finally bought an Xbox X and the change is magnificent. 4k, 30 fps quite stable. :grinning:

:weary: The problem is that my joystick doesn’t work, Trustmaster joystick for XBOX is rubbish compared to the Saitek x52 pro …and also there are hardly any good addons in the marketplace.

1 Like