World Update: Australia

Agreed-I liked ORBX’s version of Gold Coast Airport in FSX and P3D-the default one in MSFS simply doesn’t compare.

Yeah Bankstown definitely needs work. Drab looking place in the sim I first learnt to fly there. Flying out of Warnervale no so I’d love to see that one as well
Cheers
Rick

Would love to see an Archerfield update. ORBX did great work in FSX, they just need to apply those libraries to MSFS. Gotta say, the out of the box textures are already worlds ahead of anything we saw in FSX or P3D.

Most liveable now apparently.

Boring is good… It’s safe, peace and quiet.

2 Likes

No real point buying Aus / NZ Scenery, till MS / Asobo get to it as changes from them will create more issues!

2 Likes

Yes!
Melbourne could use some love (Bridges, Buildings, etc.) and they could make YMML (Melbourne Tullamarine International Airport). It would be really cool.
It would be nice to see some smaller airports be made too. For example, major training hubs in Victoria are Moorabbin (YMMB) and Ballarat (YBLT). These airports are extremely important as they are some of the most used airports in Victoria, with lots of flight training traffic. Many, Many people have learnt and are learning to fly here.
Overall scenery improvements, such as many roads, highways and streets (For example the Midland Highway (A300)) being fixed from being portrayed as one way, two lane dirt roads…
Photogrammetry updates across the entirety of Australia would go a long way, especially with the poor state of much scenery.
I can’t wait to see Australia worked on and improved!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be that hard Orbx has done most of the work already all they have to do is port it over and a few adjustments here and there and they’re done

2 Likes

Anyone knows some info about a world updataroo from australia? :kangaroo: :australia:

No news so far unfortunately. It seems that the next World Update will be Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Well, I hope they add some cows for Switzerland’s fauna :cow:.

2 Likes

I completely agree. The photogrammetry of the city is extraordinary and instead of a beautiful and modern airport there’s just a collection of building blocks.

2 Likes

Down under will always get the $h!tty end of the stick in scenery development as we are not the majority of of customers. Take a look at Orbx for example they are a Australian company yet they predominantly their releases so far are US or Europe because that’s where the majority are and where the cash is. They do throw us a few bones every now and then but far and few between though.

1 Like

We can only hope, but considering half the world dont even know where we are, I doubt that. :smiley: I can see NZ coming before AUS purely due to the geography… and the french love us kiwis :stuck_out_tongue:

I would expect that if asobo were going to do world update of Australia, New Zealand would be included and vice versa

Removing the Melbourne Monolith would be a good start.

2 Likes

Wish I could vote more than once!!! Cheers.

In Canberra (our nations Capitol) Microsoft has Parliament House without the Flagpole! Therefore, no Australian flag! This is needed to be fixed.

100% this. As much as i’d love to see the UK get (lots) more attention. I’d rather Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand & the Oceania Islands got looked at first. As soon as possible really.

- Notable cities without photogrammetry -

• Sydney
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane
  • Adelaide
  • Perth
  • Auckland
  • Wellington
  • Christchurch
  • Queenstown
  • Rotorua

- With only 3 handcrafted airports between them currently. Taking new landing challenge locations, scenic area’s & nearby POI’s into account, these would make for great handcrafted additions -

• Gold Coast Airport
  • Katoomba Airfield **
  • East Kimberley Regional Airport
  • Hamilton Island Airport
  • Milford Sound Airport **
  • Mount Cook Airport **
  • Wellington International Airport
  • Auckland Airport
  • Yambaitok Airstrip **
  • Nadi Airport

(**) - Would require relatively very little time to make.

- Notable region’s to improve & handcrafted POI’s to add -

The Great Barrier Reef — Blue Mountains National Park — Three Sisters — Great Ocean Road — 12 Apostles — Kangaroo Island — Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park — The Pinnacles — Royal Botanic Garden — St Mary’s Cathedral — Sydney Tower — Royal Exhibition Building — Queen Victoria Building — Parliament House — Flinders Street Railway Station — Australia Square Tower — Rialto Towers — Australian War Memorial — Shrine of Remembrance — Captain Cook Statue — Eureka Skydeck — Q1 — Bungle Bungle Range — Burke and Wills Dig Tree — The Big Merino — The Big Banana — The Big Pineapple — The Big Prawn — The Big Golden Guitar — Brighton Bathing Boxes — Kununurra Diversion Dam — King George Falls — Gordon Dam — Port Arthur — Mount Wellington with lookout building & Organ Pipes — MONA Art building — Cataract Gorge — The Candlestick and Totem Pole — Moeraki Boulders — Craters of the Moon — The Sky Tower — Huka Falls — The Beehive and Parliament House — One Tree Hill — Tongariro Crossing — Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park — Hobbiton Village — Milford Sound — Maungawhau/Mount Eden — Waiotapu — Te Puia — Lake Wanaka Tree — Split Apple Rock — Larnach Castle — Skyline Gondola Queenstown — Auckland Museum — Te Papa Tongarewa — Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre — Mount Sunday — Dunedin Railway Station — Mt John University Observatory — Waitangi Treaty Grounds — The Church of the Good Shepherd & Mackenzie Sheep Dog Statue — Sir Keith Park Memorial Aviation Collection — Aratiatia Rapids — Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre — Alexandra Mountain Clock — New Zealand Maritime Museum — Pancake Rocks — Cape Reinga Lighthouse — Auckland Ferry Terminal — Christchurch Cathedral — Auckland Town Hall — First Church of Otago — Cape Egmont Lighthouse — The Bridge To Nowhere — Tunnel Beach — Kawarau Gorge Suspension Bridge

- Then of course the usual -

• Terrain DEM’s (meshes)
  • Satellite Imagery
  • Water Masks
  • Flora/Fauna enhancements & additions (plenty of unique wildlife to add)
  • POI’s not included above - Significant bridges & sports venues
  • New Autogen building types
7 Likes

Yeah, as an Australian I agree that Asobo needs to improve the scenery in Australia. Melbourne could certainly use improvement, where is the Bolte and West Gate Bridge? What about improving on the MCG (I mean, Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia and essentially the Southern Hemisphere). Where is the Sydney Harbour Bridge? It’d be nice if they could also improve some airports such as YMML and YBBN.

4 Likes