World Update - India?

Vivekanada Memorial in Kanyakumari - it is right!

Agree entirely.

1 Like

This one should be easy … which epic river we can see in which epic city?

Hint: The name of the river is related to Hindu mythology.

qARsEm

Sub challenge: In this city there is a landmark, which is represented in MSFS relatively good … which one?

As a quick guess, River Ganges, personification of the Goddess Ganga
MSFS only has the Dhamek Stupa represented along the Ganges, in Varanasi

The first time I heard of Varanasi was through Baraka

Poor quality on you tube, looks magical on the remastered blu-ray

1 Like

I assume you are right with the Stupa … if it is in Sarnath (near Varanasi), see the snapshot from MSFS - it looks really good (but I cannot see the other temples as marked oin the map unfortunately, so Sarnath may require a proper scenery update too :wink:

Here one challenge for the “hunters” … which landmarks are well done in Delhi, and which landmarks aren’t as good as required? (hint: I have already found a temple in Delhi which looks like a specific kind of flower, which looks very nice)

Windmill Park near Kanyakumari … this is really amazing!

What stood out to me in New Delhi as looking good in FS2020 is the train station and central park

From a distance

Same with Rashtrapati Bhavan

And yep the Lotus temple

One of the better landmarks that doesn’t look out of place in rest of the scenery

Your turn, where is this

1 Like

Hi, that is easy :grinning:

This is the Golden Temple in Amritsar :ok_hand:

1 Like

From distance the view is fine, but from near it is different und oftenly unrecognizable …

Delhi Main Station in MSFS:

and in original:

delhi main station

India Gate in MSFS …

and in original:

Rashtrapati Bhavan in MSFS …

and in original:

rashtrapati-bhavan-image

1 Like

My family is from Rajasthan but I don’t dare go see what Udaipur looks like. The thought of the lake and the palace not existing would just make me mad.

1 Like

I will check Udaipur for you - let see … :small_airplane:

Anyone willing to fly some IFR flights in India?

1 Like

I’d also love to see India get some attention. Maybe you could set up a wishlist request?

1 Like

Did you just request a World Update that is not the West? This is flight sim blasphemy!!!

JK. I too would love to see a more diverse set of World Updates, including Asia, the Middle East, Africa. But obviously we all know that aerial data only exists for Europe and the America’s and nothing else. Right Jorg? /s

4 Likes

Indeed in Google Maps I have not found photogrammetry data for India at all … but Bing maps is not dependent on Google Maps, or is it?

;o]

IFR flights may work very well in India

here a few snaps from Udaipur … if it is not too near, it may work … but if you come closer, this may cause some headaches …

approaching Udaipur - looks good

closer - still looks ok

in Udaipur … can you recognize it (e.g. the Taj Hotel on the island, and the skyscrapers)?

1 Like

I mean, Anyone up for some multiplayer in India?

1 Like

Yep, that gives me a headache!

1 Like