Wrong temperatures

Can confirm the issue is back…

+50 at FL200 over Belgium

It definitely must be something to do with the input/generation of the weather models on MS/Asobo’s end.

I’m flying through Europe and somewhere over the Netherlands I heard my autopilot disengage to find that I was at 160kt at FL360 with a SAT in the +20s C and an ISA somewhere greater than +65 C. I descended out of the stall to 24,000 feet and was somewhat stable only for 15 minutes later to have it go back to correct SAT and ISA.

Now, as I’m typing this, my plane just jerked to the side and what do you know, SAT +27C and ISA +60C once again.

I think the fact that they supply us with free live weather is awesome, but it’s a little disconcerting and annoying when the system screws up weather generation to the degree that it’s a) going to make me crash or b) run me out of fuel before i get to my destination. There needs to be some sanity checking in place.

I wonder where in the entire pipeline things get screwed up… :thinking: And how Asobo is planning to fix it. Because what’s the point of this unchecked live weather that wants to kill all pilots by crashing them? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure, especially given how complex of a world system they’ve built (what with all the AI/cloud stuff and whatnot). Something is not right with sanity checking somewhere.

I fly on VATSIM and it’s rather embarassing to call, “Center, request immediate descent to FL240, my air temperature at FL390 just went from -52 to +22 and i’m about to stall”

It should be obvious that air/layers/density calculations/AI generation/whatever they do in the cloud should never respond in a way where the temperature can be +22 at 39,000 feet. That’s so far beyond out of reasonable that it’s insane. Last I checked the earth at ground level wasn’t all on fire (yet).

2 Likes

Your Flight was cancelled the aircraft crashed.
That time i was only at FL190 and temps outside about 45c , nerf climate change

I can imagine ATC would propably be thinking “what?” :sweat_smile:

Global warming must have stepped up it’s game in Flight Simulator :sweat_smile:

This could be their servers being adapted to the big release tomorrow? Some pre-XBox glitch. But in general I’m kinda amazed, throughout the sim… why aren’t they range checking their variables? How difficult is it to cap a temperature if it comes in too high for a specific altitude? Set some basic limits so it stays workable.

They seem to be programming based on perfect scenarios and apparently never tested with a batch of screwed up weather variables.

Anyway… if it’s due to the XBox release, it might be resolved tomorrow.

I’m hoping that’s the case. It’s a bit frustrating to be halfway through a flight only to run out of fuel like I just had happen.

I’m trying to stay optimistic. :crossed_fingers:

Which isn’t easy for a born pessimist like me. :smiley:

make sure to vote it

This bug is in the game since release and it has been completely ignored. Overflying high altitude terrain (more than 2000ft of elevation) determines an excessively hot air temperature (more than 10 degrees above normale).

This bug is extremely annoying because it affects massively aircraft performance and I think it’s time for this to be fixed

1 Like

Hi guys,

Haven’t had many issues with live weather so far, but occasionally (now more often than not) I’m getting my OAT unchanged from ground up to whatever level I’m climbing to…Has anybody experienced this as well?
This flight in particular was from RJOS-RJTT flying this route KILAP Y43 MENUR Y21 AKSEL
-Live Weather
-A32NX - Latest dev mod

Yes, had that happen yesterday. Probably a data error coming from the weather service. Working fine fine today.

IIRC, yes.

just sticks at +28C

Whatever upper level temperature model theyve been using from the start is awful. Try taking off from an airport in Tibet even without the current glitch and air temps are crazy hot.

In general i hope the next thing they work ok improving is the weather model. It’s pretty but generally wrong.

Has the problem now been solved?

Nope, just had it occur then for nearly 10 continuous minutes, over Scotland, as low as FL180.
Honestly, this makes the sim nearly impossible for accurate fuel planning. I landed yesterday in Hamburg from Edinburgh with only 850kg left, because it constantly flicked between 70+ degrees outside and normal temperatures, resulting in very low speed, and high N1 to keep the plane in the sky. I was meant to land with nearly 2.5 tonnes!

Good luck if for whatever reason you need to divert to your alternate at the moment, you barely make it to your destination.

I’m currently flying EDI-BHX and I’m at -30 at FL250. Very odd