Xbox Series X- HOTAS One Issues

I’ve been going crazy trying to get this dumb hotas and FS to at least being usable. I’ve now got the Razer Tartarus V2 my thought being what I can’t do on one I’ll do on the other. Great… but no… I have given up for now its a stinking mess for now. All I got was the headache I’m nursing right now.

1 Like

You can configure the hat switch for free lock in cockpit and external view. I was able to do this following this youtube video: youtu.be/zEZ1k-qCGLk.

2 Likes

Yep. That video is helpful. Changing the view is great. I’m still stuck on other problems though. Hope they patch this ■■■■ thing soon.

Thank you very very much. :slight_smile:

Gotta say it didn’t work for me either. I can map the cursor toggle to a button no problems, it just doesn’t do anything when pressed in game. TBH that doesn’t bother me that much, I just have my controller at hand for interacting with things in the cockpit. Would be great if it did work though.

1 Like

I’ve been able to remap my HOTAS One X with no problem, using the scanning feature. My sensitivity settings don’t save but since I first got my HOTAS last week, I’ve been using it with my custom mapping with no issue. How come I’ve been able to do this?

The mapping works even though the buttons don’t match up so if you scan you get the right button. Mine works to, as you say just the sensitivity has to be redone each time you start the game. I even got free look to work properly with the hat switch in external view.

1 Like

I’m having a nightmare with mine too. I initially tried the hotas and controller but found it too fiddly so got a mouse and it’s much better but prefer a keyboard for mapping and entering data. Everything just seems to conflict so the throttle at idle on the hotas is still 20% and other random errors.

I’m just wondering if it’s limited to either keyboard and mouse or hotas and mouse or gamepad. Or if its just a hot mess at the moment.

Sounds more like a “hot mess” to me. Haven’t seen any issues with the throttle. Have you tried starting from scratch. There are some videos linked above that may help with your setup.

Hi,

I use myself a Hotas One + keyboard + mouse + xbox controller at the same time and didn’t experience conflict.
Work quite fine (of course except the sensitivy settings lost, and the button affectation, but that’s well known bugs now).
My keyboard is a clasic “Labtec” on usb port, my mouse is standard. All three usb device (keyboard, mouse, hotas one) are connected thru an usb hub (unpowered), so that, I only use the USB front connector on the xbox.

I think, most of problems doesn’t come from device conflict, but more from the IA.
In the settings, be sure the difficulty is set to “difficult” and not “easy”. When the difficulty is set to easy, it turn on the IA for some maneuvers, like auto-throtle, auto-cordinate and some more. I experience strange behaviour (similar to a device conflict, throttle moving without action, rudder autocentering, uncommanded flaps movements) when my settings were reverted to “easy”.

I cant even figure out how to get into cursor mode with just the flight stick. I have to use my controller. Is that normal

I’ve tried that and can’t get it to work either. I can map it to a button on the flight stick. Pressing the button never does anything though.

Please can someone help an idiot here whois trying best to get the HOTAS one to work and is failing, im having to use the xbox controller for the cursor, very little works on the HOTAS buttons itself. I was wondering if it needed a firmware update? or is this something that will be patched im struggling to play this game due to this. thanks in advnace

going to ask a dumb question but how did you do that ?

This video gives excellent instructions on a workaround for this problem that we really shouldn’t be dealing with still by now: Xbox FS2020: All my Hotas One Sensitivities & Button Assignments and Other Settings! - YouTube

It’s far from a silver bullet but the best we’re going to get until probably the first major patch actually fixes a baffling omission from QA during the release of MSFS.

Well this is how I’ve done it.

Go in to control settings, click on the T Flight HOTAS.

I then search for whatever action I want to assign to a button. You can see that on the left side of the screen, just type the action you’re looking for in to the box, or look for it manually.

That will then bring a list of actions up and you can see if that action has a button assigned to it or not.

Click the box next to the action and it’ll bring a other menu up, click the scanning box and then press the button on the HOTAS you wish to assign to that action.

Bear in mind most of the buttons are already mapped to some default actions, the menu will warn you about this. Be sure to clear the old bindings otherwise you’ll have one button doing multiple things. I always try to clear the buttons default action before assigning a new one.

Couple of things I have noticed, sometimes when you press a button the sim thinks you’ve pressed a combo of buttons, if that happens just click the X next to the combo and try again, it normally works second time. The other is that the button you press in the HOTAS doesn’t match with the button it shows you’ve pressed on the screen, ignore this.

I did update the controller firmware before I used it with FS on Xbox so it may be worth doing that also.

Hope this helps

1 Like

thanks for that i tried that and then when i play it, it seems to go back to default HOTAS one, I think maybe i will give it a restart - but for tonight ive given up - please MS fix this - its painful

1 Like

This problem may (or may not) be HOTAS One related, but i’m finding that as soon as I touchdown on the runway, the aircraft wants to skew off to the left. The rudder (twisting the joystick) is unresponsive. Sometimes moving the aileron helps a bit, but usually, no sooner have i gently kissed the tarmac than I’m off in the bushes and crashing into stuff. Most inelegant.
I’ve gone onto the control settings and noticed the relevant axis isn’t at halfway, but even resetting this before a flight usually doesn’t help.
Anyway, I’d be grateful for any hints.

3 Likes

Can’t confirm this on my XBox SX, but so far I have not managed to land on a regular runway (but at least on a busy street near Gizeh) and did not skew to the side the way you describe.
It could ge ghosting issue. The Hotas One breaks down over time, especially the Yaw axxis (the rudders) due to residue buildup in the potentiometer or faulty cabling.
But this should also be apparent during flight.

Check the Hotas inputs under Windows (you can connect the Hotas One just fine to a PC, which you need to do anyway to install the latest firmware (1.25 from 2019?) on it.)
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-flight-hotas-one-en/
Under the corresponding device testing menu (see link above) you can see if the stick delivers ghost inputs.
If it does, there are tons of youtube videos how to fix clogged potentiomenters.

Thanks so much for responding and for the tips.
I only just got the HOTAS One in anticipation of it coming on the XBox X|S. I hope it’s not broken already!
Sadly - i don’t have a PC, but i haven’t been able to detect any means on the XBox to update firmware -if that’s even possible. Naive question, but i guess updating firmware on a Mac is not gonna work, huh?
I skew no matter landing on runways or off them (usually by accident!).
Thanks again.